Sign in to follow this  
Kerberus

Lines vear on racing stripe w/MH721

Hello everyone,

My boyfriend and I purchased a MH721 about three years ago. It has given us lots of problems over the years, but my boyfriend is always able to trick it into working again. Unfortunatly, its being a little stubborn this time. We're using signblazer and we have it connected through a dynex USB with a keyspan on the way. Its grounded to the stand. It is sitting on carpet.  :-(  

So, heres the problem: We're trying to cut  a 72" x6" racing stripe. Everytime we cut or draw it, the width of the stripes changes near the end, OR the width of one of the spaces between stripes will end up wider than the other space. I hope I'm being clear here.

We've checked the carriage and the roller, cleaned the knife, changed settings, stuffed the roll with dryer sheets.  :lol: Heck, I've been thinking about putting wood flooring down. I read somewhere that the MH721 has a low memory, and doesn't do well with lengths longer than 72"...that I might need to buy a 4MB chip. Anyone know anything about that? Any other suggestions? 

If you are not doing it.  You must pre feed the vinyl, for the amount of the order.  Sounds like the vinyl is not tracking straight. Pre feed the vinyl back and forth.  And make sure it is tracking good.  It takes a lot of fine tuning to get the value cutters to track good,  more obvious with stripes.  I used to own a value cutter.   This is why I went to a Graphtec., Great tracking.

Some thing else you could try,,, is step by step cutting.   Where it cuts the first section, then advances to the next, then the next all the way to the end.  I bet what you are doing, is having it cut all the way to the end and back. Then the lines do not meet up. because of bad tracking.

Some people on here have posted, how they manage to get their value cutters to track better,  maybe look up TRACKING in the search box upper right corner.

• Like 1

We always prefeed, and try to get it to track good. I'll see if I can look up some tips for better tracking. My boyfriend tried to do the step-by-step cutting, but nothing happened. Any suggestions? 

Thanks

Nothing more I can help with.  I don't use Signblazer.    Make sure the grit rollers are tight.  Check for a set screw in them. 

Okay, thanks.

This is from uscutter:

There are two possibilities that come to mind. The first is it is possible that a pinch roller is causing this. A way to test that is to put material in the cutter and press the offline/pause button and press the down arrow and watch the material feed through the cutter. If you see it start to track left or right then just increase the tension of the pinch roller to compensate by using the brass thumb screws on the back. The second possibility is the MH max cut length is 8ft. but not with all cuts, if the cut is detailed and close to 8ft. it can over load the memory of the cutter which would explain the randomness. 

We'll see if this works.

basicaaly they said you are trying to do precision cuts on a value "hobby" cutter - some people get good cuts with the mh so not sure there - have you checked to make sure you are using the absolute minimum blade exposure (this can cause drag on the cheaper cutters and affect the accuracy)