Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Autotrace GUI for windows ?

Is there a GUI for Autotrace for windows ?

I could write one but it's much easier to NOT reinvent the wheel.

Once I figured out inkscape there is no reason to reinvent the wheel. A few years ago I would have but age has made me look for the easier route.  :huh:

Vectormagic.

But please code one up quick, Would love to see what you could offer in a few years. 

Vectormagic.

But please code one up quick, Would love to see what you could offer in a few years. 

Actually so far I found this to be a tad better on a few test images   http://www.autotracer.org .But I haven't even purchased a plotter yet..... Just testing to see if this is the new hobby.

I would need a monetary or personal incentive to start coding again. Before the recession it was VERY lucrative but not so much anymore. I think anyone that has fingers has learned how to code the competition is tough.

To code this you would need much more than yourself. Look at the team doing the one you linked and how long they have been doing it. Autotrace fails horribly with anything that was colors and light shades in it. 

The 2 do not even compare.

draft1.eps is done with autotrace.

draft1a.eps is done with vectormagic. 

I included original file I did this from, The comparison in a jpeg and the output in .eps also. Done with fully automatic settings and no treaking. 

Draft1.eps

Draft1a.eps

post-7594-0-18968400-1375908445_thumb.jp

post-7594-0-28889800-1375908451_thumb.jp

You could be right I only tested 2 non color images, I was just curious if one existed. 

The front end GUI is simple they did the hard part by providing the conversion engine.  You only need to supply the code to call it from the cmd prompt and load the before and after files.