RickS

help with text

I am in need of some help with a project, I have a cusyomer that is doing graphics for a model airplane, the graphics is the US NAVY logo for the wing and it needs to be tapered from 7.5 high to 14in.high at the other end. this will be the Blue Angels logo for the wing.

I have tried to use the distort function but it distorts the font, I just need to create the text with a taper to it. can anyone give me some idea of how to get this done, maybe Skeeter can help, she seems pretty sharp with flexi.

oh the flexi I have is the VE Master plus which is signwarehouse brand of Flexi.

yes it is destort then pick the shape you want

There is a shape like the lettering in the posted pic

MM64 B)

This is how I would do it in SignBlazer:

Create you text and size it to 7"

Create guide lines 3-1/2" above and below the text

Manipulate + distortion + Linear

Click OK

Drag the corners up/down to the guide lines

Click OK

http://screencast.com/t/UdAjhCkv7bQ1

I am in need of some help with a project, I have a cusyomer that is doing graphics for a model airplane, the graphics is the US NAVY logo for the wing and it needs to be tapered from 7.5 high to 14in.high at the other end. this will be the Blue Angels logo for the wing.

I have tried to use the distort function but it distorts the font, I just need to create the text with a taper to it. can anyone give me some idea of how to get this done, maybe Skeeter can help, she seems pretty sharp with flexi.

oh the flexi I have is the VE Master plus which is signwarehouse brand of Flexi.

Rick you didn't specify the wing length so I just guessed.  You do use distort  to get the shape you want. i just used a rectangle but you can do the same with fonts.  notice the distort selected.  Once you select the distort you grab the corners and move them around to your desired position.  I just took a rectangle and distorted it to 7.5" on one end and 14" on the other.

1. I would get a photograph of the wing where you want the image to go.

2. Measure the length of the wing.

3. Import the photo into Flexi.

4. Scale the wing to the actual size.

5. Type out what the lettering   U.S.NAVY  or  BLUE ANGELS

6. Distort to fit the wing. click on green check mark to make change

7. Cut ,weed and apply application tape.

Second one I did the USNAVY  letters

Is this what you are trying to accomplish ?

post-24657-0-16436400-1375757876_thumb.j

post-24657-0-14336300-1375758835_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks Doug for the help, I was trying to use the other shape in the distort menu and it would make the view look like it was comming from the back and going forward, wasn't the perspective I was looking for, I will play around with it and see what I can come up with.

Thanks to all that replied, sometimes I can get stuck with something and just can't get my brain to grasp what I need to do.

Thanks Jay, your screen shots and tutorials are always top notch.

• Like 1

Hey Rick   Glad I could help.

Double click on your image or click on the rotation arrow, you will see all the little f's in design central and you can manipulate your image any way you want. hope this helps.

Mike