TomasB

contour cutting with a Graphtec CE6000 60

Hey Gals/Guys

Not sure where to post so I am starting here. I just purchased a Graphtec CE 6000 60 and I'm a little confused on how to go about contour cutting with this machine. I am using CorelDraw X3 & Adobe CS6 and would like to take advantage of the cutting master plugins. Can anyone point me in the right direction for tutorials on this it would greatly be appreciated. Thanking you in advance,

Tomas

The best videos and tutorials I found came right on the DVD that was included with my Graphtec CE-5000 series.

I went searching on YouTube just yesterday for a refresher video when I was having a hard time getting it to find the registration marks and most of the "how to videos" were set to music and had little to no voice over or on screen text showing you what to do...

Thanks OW

Will recheck the dvd but don't remember seeing any tutorial or videos on it.

It must be in the air , I'm having trouble too. I can't seem to do it from Flexi letter 8.6 v2 and Graphtec ce-5000.

Update

Re-read the manual. Followed manual instructions and no success, keep receiving error message on cutter display regarding registration mark level. Huh Chinese to me! Lol..........HELP!

TomasB, that was the same error I was getting last night.  I got it working by 1) turning the plotter off and back on (not sure if that fixed it or not) and then making sure the cutting blade was right where it needs to be when you click "OK".

I think part of my problem is that I printed on a Letter size page with registration marks as far out as possible, then taped that sheet to a piece of Tabloid sized paper and I think the edge of the top page was providing just enough contrast that it was seeing that and then trying to use that as the starting reference point to scan for other marks - once I got the blade right where it needs to be (and toggling power) it worked flawlessly.

I for some reason had it stuck in my head that the optical sensor was the part that needed to be lined up with the registration mark, when it really needs to be the blade... man, am I getting old...

If you see the zombie shirt picture I posted earlier today, you'll see that I did get it figured out - eventually...