motoxchic

Ready to Apply Graphics, Instructions and a Waiver??

I have not done a lot with RTA graphics, just some small decals sold to an owner to resell or give out.  I have a new customer who will be applying the RTA's to boats (flat surfaces).  I used 751 with RTape Conform Series 4076-RLA (hopefully easy for them to work with).  One of the graphics is 6" x 11', the others are CF number, relatively easy to work with.

I was doing some banners and showed the customer "basically" how to apply the vinyl using a center hinge and also how to cut up through groups of letters after hinging from the tops to make each application smaller. 

Question is, how much instruction do you give, do you have a handout or email instructions?  And do you have them sign anything for them to be responsible for any decal damage/replacement?  I would probably recut at a discount if they got damaged during install, but just wondering what a standard protocol would be?

You provided the tutorial in person, so they should be OK.

This isn't rocket science.

As for a written disclaimer, don't worry about it. 

If they mess it up, they'll blame themselves, not you, and pay for the replacement without any argument (especially if you provide a "dumb-ass" discount !!)

http://www.greenplaque.com/media/support/STICKER-INSTALLATION-INSTRUCTIONS-2011.pdf

Easy 6-step illustrated instructions (pdf format)

Edited by slice&dice
  • Like 1

thanks slice&dice for the instructions. printed them off.

I include written instruction when I ship. On that I state this is a guide and I am not responsible for final outcome. Too many dishonest people out there that would try to scam if given the chance.