marschallm

How to do this.

I would really have preferred to so it myself as as I would lie to do projects like this in the future. I had been attempting it for a good amount of time last night while looking through posts but income up with nothing.

I was trying to separate in Photoshop but had been thinking that the aspect ratio might not have been kept. I tried node editing to clean it up.

This is why I had been asking the questions.

So just so you guys no, I was not trying to be lazy, just needed some help

So did you finally get the final product you were after or are you still needing help?

I would really have preferred to so it myself as as I would lie to do projects like this in the future.

I was trying to separate in Photoshop but had been thinking that the aspect ratio might not have been kept. I tried node editing to clean it up.

Gotcha... so grab the svg (vectored) file I uploaded and open it in Inkscape. Re-size the entire image to the size you need.

the individual rays are broken up and you can click on them &  Scoot them to suit the layout you desire, elimination the others and save the vector file under a different name. Undo your changes (or re-open the original image) and Repeat with the other rays til complete.

• Like 1

Here's a video of how I traced the flag:

http://screencast.com/t/UsU1TaVULx7F

Import the .jpg

Trace using Polyline

Create guidelines to align edges

Node Edit to line up

Create the circle

Arrange + Weld

Delete the original .jpg

set the color

Jay

• Like 2

nice mullets

It's only a mullet if it's short in front, it was long all over. (Business in the front and Party in the back)

• Like 1

It's only a mullet if it's short in front, it was long all over. (Business in the front and Party in the back)

Oh ok, it was kinda hard to tell how long it was in the back in the picture

That's the wife and I about 1986, before we were married. We were both right around 20 at the time.