...that is a copyrighted design belonging to Roush Fenway Racing...

You must have their written permission to reproduce it.

16.EPS

Plus copyrighted stuff is not supposed to be posted in this forum . Requests like that should at least be asked to send via personal message. e-mail etc . I don't really care if copyrighted stuff is being used for commercial use or for personal use , I figure everybody is old enough to make their own choices & accept any results , etc  . I would not like to see this forum become a liability to the owners & shut down . I have made copyrighted stuff for myself , which is just as illegal and wrong . I don't like thiefs , but technically I am by doing that .

• Like 1

For the record, the .eps file I offered here is just a regular font, and NOT the specialized Roush Fenway Racing car number design.

BTW, I took a look at the Roush Fenway Racing 16 and it didn't appear especially difficult to vectorize anyway.

For the record, the .eps file I offered here is just a regular font, and NOT the specialized Roush Fenway Racing car number design.

BTW, I took a look at the Roush Fenway Racing 16 and it didn't appear especially difficult to vectorize anyway.

:thumbsup:

I am not busting on you Slice . Just informing anybody who does not know what the forum rules state . I don't " report " posts with copyrighted stuff . As a business owner , I think it is disrespectfull to the business to do things that have been clearly stated NOT to do . I have asked for and gotten copyrighted stuff . Many things are like jay-walking , illegal but rarely persued . Disney , H-D , Nascar are much more pro-active in copyright infringement violation than others .

I know you weren't, Rodger.

I am basically bust-proof!!!  :rolleyes:

As for the entire subject of racing car numbers in general, it seems to be a genre that's taken on a life of its own.

top-ten-famous-film-cars-lightning-mcque

• Like 1

I don't like thiefs , but technically I am by doing that .

No, you're a copyright violator, which is a civil crime against the copyright holder and only they, or their authorized parties can pursue legal action against you.   Theft, is a criminal act and the police and prosecutors can pursue charges against you without outside assistance.

Part of the MPAA/RIAA/other copyright holder's campaign of misinformation is that violating copyright is theft, or "the same as stealing" and they aren't even close.

If I steal your car, you no longer have a car.  If I use my matter-energy-repllcator system to make an exact duplicate of your car without your permission, you still have your car.

If I replicate your car to avoid buying one myself, then the dealer and manufacturer have lost a sale, but if I can't afford a Ferrari like your's, and I just want to keep in my garage with my massive collection of other replicated cars, then they didn't lose a sale and haven't technically lost anything.

Now, if you put together an awesome design and someone copies your work and starts making the same thing, then you probably feel like you've been robbed, but you can't call the police and report that your design has been copied, you need to get a lawyer and go after them in civil court.

I agree with you , but technically it is stealing imo . I took something I did not pay for . " Intellectual " property is still property . Sometimes much money is spent developing the product with the intention of it paying off & making a profit . I consider myself honest , yet I watch the free live online streams of fights etc . I would never pay what they charge for those events , so they do not lose any money . I know anybody can " justify " doing about anything .. heck Charles Manson justifies what he has done . Like in all things , there is a realistic view that is practical . If it does not cost , hurt or cause a loss to somebody ... it is fair game for me :) .

I'll go one step further with this ---

Let's suppose that Leon wants to put a decal onto an RC car for his son.

Is the Roush Fenway Racing team even OFFERING such a thing in the marketplace?

In other words, just because someone has a copyrighted image, that doesn't mean they are actually providing the public with an opportunity to obtain the image in any retail outlet.

• Like 1

I would make and use the decal , but I would not try to fool or convince myself that I had the right to do that . The stuff belongs to Rousch Fenway racing . Owning something that others want does not oblige you to make it available imo . The only way it is " right " is if you ask permission & that gets granted . Just because something is not criminally pursued , does not mean it is not a crime . I don't care to go any deeper into this .MANY civil actions are about laws being broken , which means it was illegal .

Hilarious :) . I have used that definition for many years ...