tysan

Tiny air bubbles

I have done a two color sticker twice for my boat and when I apply it , it has tiny air bubbles under it .. I'm using oracal 651 vinyl with a wet install , will they go away when it dries or is something I'm doing wrong!!! Any ideas would be appreciated... THANKS

lots of fluid and slow your roll - squeegee carefully as you lay it down from one side to the other -practice will get you there

Are you layering the second color on top the first leaving the application tape you used to apply that second layer? Are you putting second layer on dry. You might be getting the bubbles then and not when you are applying it to the boat.

The reason I asked if you left application tape on after second layer and then going straight to applying to boat you are not seeing the bubbles are there from dry applying to first layer and not applying wet to the boat... Am I rambling... Ha

Yes I am applying the second layer dry with the application left on , can you use fluid to put on second layer?? I didn't know you could... I am learning !!!!

Layering always work best when you can do it on the finished product.

Thanks everyone for the help you guys are awsome!!! Any good ways to remove the bubbled one, they stick good!!

Bubbles are always frustrating! Yes if you can put on boat single layer at a time wet you'll do fine. Just squeegee enough and let set for a minute. I used to get anxious and pull off too soon and cause bubbles. Good Luck and know you'll have it down in no time!

As for bubbles disappearing...sometimes they do and sometimes not.

Also you can use fluid to build your decal but if the back gets wet and you pull vinyls off you'll have a mess. If you try this way and back gets wet let it completely dry first.