Dakotagrafx

Surge Suppressor Reminder

Public Service Anouncement:

Lots of newbies on here and it is storm season - if you haven't make sure you have your plotter (and other equipment) on a good surge supressor to save being down while you order a new power supply or Motherboard!  This is no the only reason for these to fail but we see many more during the storm season and in the wither during static season (grounding stand on value cutters to the cutter).   save yourself the headache and be protected!

• Like 1

oh as I think of mistakes I have made or read about I tend to throw them out there hoping to save someone a headache.

I enjoy the luxury of living in a place where the only major threat is the earth separating.... ;D

We do not fear most of the electrical problems of many of you.

But I can empathize having experienced a couple of electrical spikes over the decades.

Gonna go get a surge protector...  memories of the minimal damage I experienced then

are not even remotely pleasant

So then smokem you should get some bungies so when the earth opens wide you'll be supported in air and make decals about it lol

• Like 1

I installed a whole house surge supressor after replacing and repairing surge damage from last summers large storms .

• Like 1

The plotter itself it grounded thru the power cord - the problem is with the static that builds in the metal stands that are insulated and discharges thru the vinyl thru the carriage.