Sign in to follow this  
customator

liyu cutter in windows 7

original message posted on UKCutter.com, and suggested I post here.  please help.

I have owned a Liyu cutter for aprox 6 years and have used it with Flexi starter 7.6.v2. However, i recently upgraded my operating system to Windows 7 and my system no longer recognizes the hardware dongle. Contacting the place I purchased my cutter from, I am now told that I would need to purchase the newer software as well as a new cable because my cutter is serial connection only...NO USB connection. long story short, combined price I'm looking at almost $300 canadian which sounds rediculous to me, so i've been on the search for other options. seeing as how i ONLY used flexi for my cutting rip but did ALL my design work in coreldraw I figured I may want to try the corel driver i'm reading about on the internet...which is ultimately what brought me to your site.
First off, is this driver/addon free? secondly how do I know if it will work with my cutter? i have no clue how to tell which model i have but looks like the pictures of the SC model so I downloaded drivers for that and watched the install instructions in this forum but since again, my cutter does not have a USB connection it is not recognized as plug n play I guess so i have no clue what to do or how to get my cutter back up and running. This is used for a business and is my primary workhorse for the business and have been VERY happy with it until now...just can't see spending that much money to buy software that I will NEVER use the features of since I will continue to use corel to design. Any help or advice would be appreciated..thanks

You could download the UK version of Signblazer (its free) and use it. It is easy to learn and use and does have drivers for the Liyu cutters.