Sign in to follow this  
spider2076

Assist converting?

I'm currently out of the country and away from my computer. Can someone please convert this to eps and/or jpg so I can verify it's a good file? Thanks

logo.ai

Dakota , you missed a good 1 today the fonts I've been hunting are off 2 different business cards they wanted blown up into 2x6 banners and it took me 15 minutes to convince them it wasn't gonna happen. The whole time I was thinking what you were gonna tell me when I sent you the scans for those cards. Almost laughed out loud thinking about it.

• Like 1

What they had going on was like an experiment to see how many different effects and general crap they could squeeze into a business card sized space. I sent them a proof for the BBQ banner and the loved it after I took the time to explain what can and can't be done in cut vinyl. Hopefully the photography design goes over as well.

oh those = the ones where they go on vistaprint and throw everything they have ever seen at the cards?

You nailed it and I thought I was the only 1 that got them. Fortunately with reeducation and guidance they can usually be brought back to some level of sanity. Either that or they tell you that you don't know what you're talking about and they'll take their business somewhere else.

and I smile as they leave if that is the case- it is not worth destroying my reputation on certain jobs

I will print about anything but if I am going to be known as doing it - it has to be professional -  I seem to be getting pickier as I get older

In this case you would of had the advantage because when they came back bitchin you'd be on the other side of the country and I'd have to sneek out the back door. Truth is if I know something's not gonna look like someone wants and I can't change their mind I pass since every job that leaves through my front door reflects on me.

the ones I can't do is  - take this business card - take a picture and put it on my banner - yeh right - it has to look right when printed not a pixelated mess - I can't do that - something about integrity and quality

That's what this would have fallen under. Fortunately these people were easy to teach about pixilation and when I took the deposit I explained that if we didn't come up with something they were happy with they get their money back. They appreciated the honesty with that.