RoyBoom

Leading and Line space

I haven't used my cutter much and so far I'd only imported into SB.  I got a new computer so I downloaded SB, I think it said it was 6.05.  I also downloaded a manual that says SB5.  I click on the type dialog box and I get the box but it doesn't have the left side of the box that shows in the manual.  How do I get that to show up so I can adjust my line spacing?  Also when I go to cut it says that it can't open the output devise, error initializing cutter.  Thanks for any ideas.

The line & letter spacing is done under " text edit " . You may be looking at the SignBlazer Pro or Hotshot manual . The most basic version is Elements which is what everybody got from USC & free on the internet . It does not have the same features as the higher versions .

Make sure your com port settings are matched in the computer's device manager & in the software .

Regarding the "Error Initializing" -- as Mr Karma has indicated above, that is a COM port mismatch usually.

By the way, have you patched SignBlazer to eliminate the nagging start-up screens?

Thanks a lot, that helped me.  I now have it hooked to the USB and when I tell it to cut it says it is sending it to the cutter.  The problem I have now is that I have been waiting 10 minutes and nothing is happening.  It isn't a complicated design, just 3 lines of type.  I've recently moved and been doing a house remodel so I haven't used this in a year and I've got a new computer.  I remember when I used it before it started cutting right away.  I know it's probably something simple that I'm overlooking.

Yes, it should start cutting immediately, no delay.

You've still got some sort of conflict or lack of communication going on there.

What does the Cutter Setup screen look like (provide a screen shot here)

Here's the patched UK version, no Registration or Trial screens ---

http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

I plugged in my old computer with a little decal I'd cut before and it took right off, so it's got to be something in the new computer that is a little off still.

post-3021-0-88243900-1369803704_thumb.pn

post-3021-0-04303700-1369803705_thumb.pn

May I make a few small suggestions?

1. You don't need to have "Weed All" checked, unless you really require a box to be cut around the text.

2. This type of work should be cut on 24" wide vinyl, across.

3. What does the Cutter Setup screen look like? (Press the Setup icon there along the top of your toolbar)

4. You'll need to gain access to the PORTS in Windows --- 

Control Panel / System / Hardware / Device Manager / Ports  

and verify that the port you're using is properly configured there (choose it from the Device list, right click on it, select Properties, then Port Settings, and use the ADVANCED button)

• Like 1

I appreciate all the help.  I've tried doing a reinstall and tried all three of my USB and anything else I could think of, I'm just not a computer guy.  I've only got 15 inch vinyl right now, so that's why I turned it that way.  I'll try going in and looking at the port stuff later today and see if I can see anything there.

I'd use my old computer but I have an issue there.  I bring in my eps and it all looks good, then when I send it to the cut screen it looks all jumbled up.  It's the same art that looks fine here. 

I'll keep at it, sooner or later I'll get it.

I think I got it!  It is cutting right now.  I ended up going down the list on the set up menu and trying each one and then one finally took off.  Thanks for all the help and ideas.