Sign in to follow this  
ExplicitGraphics

Hola from Austin, TX

Just thought I'd say hi.  I'm new to this forum, but not new to the game.  I've been doing web and print design since '96.  I've drawn since I was a little kid and now I do everything from airbrush to oil painting and even some tattooing.  I got into the vinyl game in 2004.  I've never worked in a sign shop so aside from a video or 2 everything was self taught.  Now that there is much more of a knowledge base (like this forum) available I find myself spending quality time going back over fundamentals.  I specialize in "small business startup" packages.  I try to offer a nice all inclusive deal on everything they'll need to start - logo, website, biz cards, store front/signs, flyers, vehicle graphics - all for one nice price.  I sometimes have a bad habit of  lowballing myself...but I've done pretty well considering I keep my overhead at a bare minimum.  I recently teamed up with another company here locally to offer vehicle wraps.  I've done a few so far, and they are good profit for sure.  I definitely can't wait to get my own full wrap setup and roll in the big bucks.  Uhh...let's see what else.  I work with Adobe CS6 Master Suite.  Photoshop is where all of my print work is done and at least half of my wrap designs.  FlexiSign is my sign production workhorse...I don't believe there is a better solution out there.  I recently got a Wacom Cintiq 12WX tablet that I've had some fun with.  Look forward to playing more - that thing is worth every penny.  What else...oh yeah to rant, wet installing sucks, Oracal is crap, 3M has always been and always will be the best high performance vinyl and laminates out there, and cheap cutters are the way to go.  Anyway...here's a few pics of some randomness.  

Vinyl:

Roy's Kleanwerks Hellaflush IS300 #annihilatorcustoms #kleanwerks #roymoncada

big-3.jpg

Dave / Sideways Autosalon Hand Painted WRX - Vinyl graphics (left, etched glass / right gunmetal metallic on blue/orange (cut and layered). #sidewaysautosalon #onefastfish #crashhandpainted #davidagenend

big-6.jpg

Texas Customs shop truck - Logo Design & Vinyl Graphics, Featured in the Wranglers cheerleaders calendar.

big-11.jpg

1FAB / Matt Vanwie - 536whp/400tq STOCK INTERNAL H22 Powered EG Coupe. Oldie but goodie. Vehicle was tuned by "st00pid" and if you don't know who that is, you betta axe sumbody.

big-15.jpg

Design/Print:

Cavalry 4x4 Club Logo & "Death Card"

big-4.jpg

Me vs Wacom Cintiq - Having fun with the digital tablet recreating an old sketch...

big-5.jpg

Web/Digital:

Fitness Model Kristy Dwyer - Website and print services. Not sure how long her actual site will be up, I'm still owed hosting/domain fees. We'll see.

big-8.jpg

TI-Pacific - Sleek XHTML / CSS3 / Jquery web design. Light on content, but it's a work in progress, but the company is shooting to launch this division early next year. Website iswww.tipac.asia.

thumb_awkward4.jpg

Anyway...l look forward to hanging around and exchanging information.  Looks like I stumbled on a pretty cool place.

In the last couple months, we've had some new people that were tired of blending with the rest and decided to infuse new life into their businesses. Here's some new members of the Explicit family!

Short Bus Chauffeur (Logo, Business Cards)

shortbus.jpg

VintageStrong.com (Branding, Web Graphics, Decals, Web Consulting)

headerx3.jpg

Angkor Tire & Auto (Logo Digitization, Huge Banners, Small Banners, Misc Signs, Window Graphics, Business Cards, Flyers, Web & Business Consulting)

angkorcard.jpg

XGEN Auto - (Decals)

xgen01.jpg

529213_10150706707324904_1660206589_n.jp

Gypsy M.C. - (Vectorization, Decals)

gypsy_mc_nav_rocker.jpg

Army Ant Moving - (Misc Decals, Flyers, Business Cards, Vectorization of ant dude, box trailer partial wrap)

armyant.jpg

and...

Austin Jeep People - (Logos, Shirt Designs, Web Graphics)

jeeps.jpg

Also been working on some miscellaneous stuff like wedding invitations, sub-contract decals and stencils, marketing consultations, and more. There's more business in the pipeline. I'm pretty sure this will be my best year yet!

Awesome work and Welcome to the forum.