Rip_frannie

Us cutter mh871

My cutter always scrolls out about a foot of material. Was wondering how to change that setting and also how to change the direction I want of print. Like going long ways instead left to right

you are not stating what cutting software you are using.  Those settings are in your cutting software

I'm sure someone will chime in.  I don't use it.  Most settings  are in your cutter set up...  Click around your drop boxes in your  software.

When I first started using SCALP3 I had the same issue. After you get your design that you want to cut into your software you have to adjust your mat size to the design. I don't know exactly why but sometimes the software will start cutting in odd places to start. It is a bit of a learning curve when using it. Also the orientation; portrait or landscape in the properties menu will help you get the proper direction of the cut. When you click the "cut button" the image of the cutter with your design on the matt will be shown. If it doesn't look right to you click "cancel" and mess with your settings a bit more. Here is a jpeg to show you what im talking about.

post-40401-0-96883800-1369399891_thumb.p

The setting you need to check/adjust is in the cut window ( Cutter , Cut with USCutter , Cut settings , Cut mode .. use " origin point " instead of " WYSIWYG " .

As far as the cut direction , an easy way to work around that would be to rotate the image on the screen . I do not see a setting to adjust that .