I've had the cutter for a few months and after alot of initail problems, it's been working great.  Now the knife won't move up or down.  I'm not sure what to do now...I took it apart and "jiggled" the wires like a previous post for this same problem suggested, but with no luck.  I have a job that needs to go out today and I'm in a panic.  Any help would be great!

It had a burning smell and now the cut head will not move DOWN. It will move every other way.

Burning smells are not good. Could you tell where the smell was coming from?

Not sure.  After the burning smell, the motherboard was toast.  it had the black blocks on the display wndow.  We had an extra motherboard that didn't have the serial port connection, only the USB that you had sent us previously.  We put that one in and now the head will not move down.

So do you think it could be a problem with the motherboard (it was one you had sent because you were out of stock of the ones you normally use), or could it be something fried in the cutter head?

So do you think it could be a problem with the motherboard (it was one you had sent because you were out of stock of the ones you normally use), or could it be something fried in the cutter head?

If the machine was here, I would check the motherboard first. Make sure you have everything plugged in correctly and securely. If you can attach a snapshot of the motherboard that is installed, I can see if anything looks out of place.

Everything does appear to be connected properly, and as long as the connections are secure, I cannot see why it wouldn't be working. We did finally get the correct motherboards in WITH the Serial connection, so we could get one of those out to you. Just PM me your shipping info.