gcextreme

Shipping Orders

What do you guys (and gals) use to ship some of your mid size vinyl decals, im talking stuff maybe 12"x6"..

I have been using these light cardboard (like cereal box cardboard) packing envelopes, i get them from WalMart for like $1.44.

Ive shipped out maybe about 15 small orders with them....no issues...but today, my most recent customer, emailed me and said his some how got wet and his decals may be ruined.

He is going to try to let them dry and hope they are still good, otherwise i will have to send him more.

What would be a better way to ship stuff like that?

I know for larger items i roll them up and put them in cardboard tubes...

Just wondering what everyone uses for shipping.

I use just regular envelopes with a do not bend stamp on them. Have sent out over 10,000 stickers this way with maybe about 2 complaints about their decal getting wet. If they don't fit in an envelope, we ship them out in a tube.

I use just regular envelopes with a do not bend stamp on them. Have sent out over 10,000 stickers this way with maybe about 2 complaints about their decal getting wet. If they don't fit in an envelope, we ship them out in a tube.

Isn't the do not bend - fragile stamps an invitation to bend twist and destroy ? At least that is how it seems when I get something with fragile on it

The do not bend stamps are so the post office doesn't run the envelope through their sorter thing-a-ma-bob.  I use regular white envelopes, 6x9, 9x12, 10x13, and shipping tubes...haven't had any complaints about decals getting wet, bent out of shape, or destroyed...but, I probably just jinxed myself...haha.  I do get my share of customers saying they never received their decals...but I guess you've got to expect that from some dishonest people.  I'm sure there are some that the USPS does lose, though.

The do not bend stamps are so the post office doesn't run the envelope through their sorter thing-a-ma-bob.  I use regular white envelopes, 6x9, 9x12, 10x13, and shipping tubes...haven't had any complaints about decals getting wet, bent out of shape, or destroyed...but, I probably just jinxed myself...haha.  I do get my share of customers saying they never received their decals...but I guess you've got to expect that from some dishonest people.  I'm sure there are some that the USPS does lose, though.

post office lose? It's funny to me that they "lose my decals" but never lose my bills. lol

• Like 1

I too have quite a few that "never get their decal". If a customer emails me telling me that their decal came bent in the mail, I ask them if their package had a do not bend stamp on it and I usually never hear back from them after that.

• Like 1