Sign in to follow this  
DecalOriented

Pretty big quote, would love to get the job. HELP!

So I got an opportunity to land a new client (large homebuilder) This account could really ramp up business for me and I'm not sure how to price this out. Whats the best way to price adjust for bulk? I added my notes in Red

• 24" x 18" corrugated plastic signs My cost in the end is $3.61, thats without paying myself either.
  • Quantity: From 50 to 2,000
  • Colors: 1, 2, 3 and 4 Doesn't make too much of a difference
  • One and two sided  I'm thinking $1.50 extra for the second side
  • Can you include red 'stick on' arrows for free? <----- I need to get some clarification on this part.

I've done as many as 50 in vinyl but after that way more cost effective to have the screened. Google and you can probably get below a buck each 1 color

did 25 once in regular vinyl - that many definately screen print - mumpower would be my go to on that one

Did 50 2 sided a couple weeks back and I'm not sure I'd do it in house again. I was seeing those signs in my sleep.

I made a quick mount out of a newman roller frame and some clear app tape and it still was a pain - better but even with the printer I would have to think hard about doing that many Jay.

Simple design but still a pain in the butt. I'm just the kind of guy who hates to pass to sub unless I'm too busy. At least it made the time go by. If I had been booked it definitely would have been subbed for screen printing, can't even make them hardly for what they charge.

that newman frame made all the difference in doing that many - put it over the graphic - squeege, over next one lining up marks, squeege, put over coro squeege it on and done.

well seeing as I have no idea about even where to get started with screening thats out of the question. Subbing out is too big of a risk, I don't want to get poached.

Whats the going rate for CP signs these days?

Also they'll not be needing them all at once. Kind of a "lock in a price type thing. That way I can get the initial order out the door then make the rest at my leisure and deliver when needed.

This one is home made out of a newman frame - people on here were making them from PVC pipe but you need to be able to tighten the film so I went one better - the one pictured needs the film replaced for the next use but it did 25 2 sided signs on one set of tape

post-2742-0-69441700-1367462842_thumb.jp

Beats my trash can full of paper tape. On 1 color design 24X18 I get $12 1 sided, $21 2 sided. But every area is different. That's pretty standard in my market though.

Jay

the first couple it is really too much stick but it quickly gets "just right" and much faster

I say the setup before but was trying to figure out the alignment aspect of it. Sometimes I miss the obvious.

did 25 once in regular vinyl - that many definately screen print - mumpower would be my go to on that one

Defiantly Mumpower Sign Supply good price , good work and good people to deal with . They are not very far from me Bristol Va area I belive that area may be called Gate City I pass by there going to Greeneville Tn. Just down the road from there .

If you not familiar with screenprinting I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself on signs. The ink for signs will dry in the screen while working and if you're just learning that's not a fun experience. The ink for shirts doesn't dry like that so you have more time to figure things out, it only cures when heated. Definitely would sub a large job like that and put some money in my pocket for the trouble.

That may the way I go. They specifically asked if they would be printed.

I had the wife do some comparison shopping locally. Some places are talking anywhere from $14-28 each! The prices go down every 50 up to 250 then by 250 pcs thereafter.

ya, either flatbed or screened if your under 50 expect to pay about 5 bucks a piece. Unless you go with some cheap a$$ coro and even jiffier workman ship.

Screening coro is a breeze if you are set up for it and have even just basic knowledge of printing. Much easier than doing textiles. Just a lot more hazardous with the solvents and such. Once in the mode I can do a bit over 150 a hour with a good vacuum table and the right setup.

Go online and search that seems high if they're 1 color.

you can get them for cheaper. Heck, You can get poly bags for $.50 if you look hard enough. by the time its all said and done you will not find many 18 x 24, with a stake, with shipping for under 5 bucks a piece in your hands for a quantity of 50 and a good yard stake.

True, I wasn't factoring stake and just went back to look at qty. I thought he said 2,000 forgot about the lower side of his question. I did 50 2 sided with stakes for $550 last month. This was basic design and easy weeding. It gets boring real fast but it pays the bills.

Jay

This one is home made out of a newman frame - people on here were making them from PVC pipe but you need to be able to tighten the film so I went one better - the one pictured needs the film replaced for the next use but it did 25 2 sided signs on one set of tape

here is the real thing - mine is just a cheap imitaiton

http://www.speedpress.com/products/2/44