Dakotagrafx

Too Much Blade - stop it! How to properly adjust your blade!

To adjust your depth of your blade take the holder out of the cutter and drag it by hand across some vinyl - you should just cut thru the vinyl and leave a dent on the backer. - reinstall and adjust the pressure as necessary.

1/2 a credit card depth is 10 times too much blade - this is the most passed wrong info on cutters and causes 80-85 percent of the newbies to use way too much blade causing many many many problems.

offset will adjust your corners - if they are rounded or square as it is adjusting when the carriage turns depending on the makeup of the blade it is not a cure all for mis adjusted blades

• Like 3

Hi,

I can across your post and hope you can help with my lack of knowledge! I just bought the Copam 2500 and have it hooked up and working BUT when I went to cut a file (SVG file imported into the Sure Cuts alot) it cut weird. Not sure how to explain it, it's like it nicks into the letter then turning, and some areas are jagged. The straight lines are perfect though? Any help would be great, I have a ton of things to cut and just upgraded to this from a Silhouette Cameo, which has been wonderful but I need something quicker and more durable! First thing I'm thinking is offset.....BUT, since I don't know what the heck that means I'm still lost! I cut regular heatpress vinyl and a ton of glitter vinyl as well as the sticky flock. I also have both 45 & 60 degree blades, both of which say on the box it has a knifepoint offest 0.25-1.0 mm.....again, CLUELESS!

Thanks in advance!

OK....  Newbie question

I have too much blade (by definition)

So, I removed the holder....  loosened the lock nut .... AND removed it....

removed what I would expect to be the collet.....

AND...  the blade would not retract.....:huh:??

I did not try and push it out further..... 

So....  is the blade simply stuck in the collet??  It spins freely....  but will NOT retract?:huh:

Thanks.....  I know I can force it....  but since the cutter is working.. I have no interest in
breaking it... simply wish to adjust it

OK....  Newbie question

I have too much blade (by definition)

So, I removed the holder....  loosened the lock nut .... AND removed it....

removed what I would expect to be the collet.....

AND...  the blade would not retract..... :huh:??

I did not try and push it out further..... 

So....  is the blade simply stuck in the collet??  It spins freely....  but will NOT retract? :huh:

Thanks.....  I know I can force it....  but since the cutter is working.. I have no interest in

breaking it... simply wish to adjust it

need to know what type of cutter you have they are different - on the roland holders the bottom unscrewes to have less blade showing - on the graphtecs the top is unscrewed to retract the blade, copam - heck if I can remember LOL

sorry but not familiar with the redsail cutters either - doesn't the bottom of the holder loosen and expose less blade like the rolands?

Oh Damn..!!

You are so right..  the step was so nicely machined I did not even notice....
Just now when I removed it from the carriage....  I turned it...  and it felt like it moved

Ouilah..!!   It did..!!  That was it....  Thanks Dakota