Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Busy weekend so far

Well things are slowly being completed here. First my Sandblasting cabinet was finally built Friday, today (Sat) I painted it red on the outside, tomorrow its rubberize the inside, install plexi glass for light, install plexi glass on front, cut holes for arms and attach the the gloves. Simple sounds like it but will it be ..... No. Anyway I will have photos hopefully of this tomorrow.

Also completed today I finally got my Siser Easy Mask for digital transfers read to use this on 3G Opaque paper. So I cut out my image I want to use and hopefully it will work. Image of the cut transfer included. I'm hoping to have this pressed tomorrow and that it works right. As usual comments are welcomed.

post-35756-0-80542700-1366513586_thumb.j

• Like 1

Like the design. I got the siser mask Wednesday and it works good but I may repress for 5 seconds with parchment to dull down the gloss a little. I also received the 3G Opaque in the mail yesterday based on everyone's recommendation and tried it today. I like it as it is a little thinner than what I've been using for a little less feel. With the mask it could use a little more tack to it. I ended up applying the mask and flipping it over and carefully peeling the backing off the 3G. Oh and thanks for the info on contour in scalp. Between what you said and a few experiments I think I got it nailed. Always appreciate the help.

Jay

Don't forget to show when finished, can't wait to see how it looks

@jaybird If you need anymore help I did get a video made just have to edit it. And thank you for liking the design, and those tips.

I'm probably the only idiot who weeds the whole image and what's left is the image. I cut the masking to size then get the mask on the top and remove the image from the Neenah backing. Seemed to work pretty good that way.

I weeded just like vinyl but when I went to remove from the backing it seemed to want to stay put, kinda like people saying that their app tape won't stick to the vinyl. It could be the humidity since it's been  raining so much lately. Will try again Monday and see what happens.

After all the years I've been messing with cutters I feel like I've been missing out because I didn't know how to contour transfers. It's a whole new world of possibilities.

Jay

I'll trade ya some of my work for 1 of dem, come on, you know you want 1 of my car cuttings, come on, you want one....Just kidding...Dam nice graphics if I say so myself...

Thanks everybody I wanted this to sort of be a memorial to my late grandfather who passed away in 2005. I did other tributes but when I wanted to design a tshirt I started thinking of him and his WWII stories and I designed this. However today I didn't get a chance to do anything I wanted to. Too cold outside to spray the rubber coating in the sandblasting cabinet, and pressing was out of the question since I pulled my lower area out of wack lifting things. Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Petro I sent you a pm about the shirt.

I've been watching the stuff you post and you have an eye for this stuff. Your other posts are the main reason I reapproached the contour cut issue as I had given up on it a long time ago. Very nice stuff.

Jay

Jay I do appreciate that, I don't know about an eye for it .. I call it good luck lol I'm glad I could help you get back to doing contouring. I had no clue how to do it myself, but like everything else in my life I took it by the horns and tried it. If I fail I fail. My posts helped you? I'm glad they did I'm glad I could help a fellow member. There's a lot more to come of my artwork and some combined efforts with petroman. I owe the great people of this forum for what I know and the encouragement I get from them. I've seen your work in your posts and I like what you do too we both need to keep this up were good at it.

I'm tryin to take it up a notch this year but can only do what they want to pay me for. If we don't try new things we'll get bored and wither away and I personally don't want to see that happen so keep up the good work and I'm gonna post some more pics first part of the week as I sort them out.

Jay

• Like 1

Luckily I'm the only guy who does this locally we do,have a small T-shirt printer but the mostly do embroidery and for the schools. This year I'm hoping everything goes better and I make enough to buy a better cutter with contour cutting instead of leaving it to the cameo. Unfortunately with mom getting sicker and needing to go into the hospital I may not achieve this goal. It's hardworking getting a business successful and 2 handicapped parents.

As for trying new things I agree 100% , I will admit 75% of what I create I design sort of for me or should I say starts out with me wanting and liking it. Then half way through the project I'll be like will someone else buy this? What if I change this and that. Usually those tweaks make it sell. What helps the most is I live 6 blocks away from a VFW post, a biker bar, and a custom bike shop. You keep up the great work, I hope all goes well for you.

When you read what I sent you about the contour I think it could be done with any cutter as long as scalp allows you to do the reg through the keyboard. Laser on these cheap machines is useless anyways.

Only takes a couple of minutes to try. If it works great, if not you saved me from buying another cutter just to try. Besides I'm trying to scrape my pennies up before Dakota sell that Graphtec he's had listed.

Jay

Update the sandblasting cabinet is near completion hoping to get photos soon. Still no update on the t-shirt being pressed should do it soon.