Sign in to follow this  
Squewheet

Keep Vinyl Straight - MH871

I have a MH871 Cutter I bought off ebay. And I have cut alot of designs but none that is very long. And I am trying to figure out a way to keep the vinyl straight so I don't cut off alot of extra vinyl. Anyone have any tips.

Thanks,

Squewheet

If you pull of the lenth your are cutting it helps also advance and retract the vinyl and watch its tracking and make adjustments to true it up . After a time or two you will get it . The value machines dont track as well as a higher cost machine . I guess I should clarify by pull I mean pull the lenth of the cutt off the roll and leave loose so the cutter does not have to pull it off the roll

Guide rails won't help to keep it straight. If it starts to wander, vinyl will just bunch up against the rail and cause even more problems.

Place some tape along the edge of the feed area (front and back) and use that to line it up, using the "Offline" button and running the vinyl out and back.

I can track 15' plus with my lp2 but it requires prefeeding and careful setup. Also if you have a stand it definitely help with tracking.

Jay

Thanks for the help guys....I have plans to buy a better machine. But haven't made enough sales yet since I am a fresh start up business.

Been doing vinyl for a few years now and still get by fine with my old LP1 and new LP2. They just need a little more lovin than a graphtec or roland.

Jay

Roll the vinyl back and forth and adjust the pinch roller tension as needed to make sure it's tracking straight.