Sign in to follow this  
monarchgd

Printing on the HP9000 - Cutting on the Graphtec 7000

I need to know how to print to the HP9000 (I know how to print) but then I need to know how do I get the plotter to cut the designs out? Contour cut?

I figure there must be a way in Flexi to tell the printers how to line up the printed images and cut them out and what shape, etc. But I don't know how. I don't know how to put the marks on the print job either. I can do reg marks but those aren't the same.

Please help!

I am using Flexi 8.6

post-40127-0-09279400-1366136551_thumb.j

It is explained in your Graphtec user manual  .  Advanced functions. You can get it online.

Also Flexi has HELP at the top of the screen.    Or purchase the Flexi training video which can purchased on the big auction site.

Possibly youtube.com videos also.

How do you create the registration mark as seen in the picture? I am sure it is extremely basic maybe too basic for the manual. Also how do I tell the plotter what to cut? Thank you sooo much for your help! :)

Thank You. I got it to do the contour cut line perfectly :) Now I just have to figure out how to send it to the right printer. I just wants to keep printing them to the HP9000 even though the Graphtec is selected...But thank you so much for your help.

I just keep getting a sensor error. I ran the test like it said on the web site but at the end of the test I got a "sensor error." The felt tip pen didn't work, maybe that had something to do with it. I could see where it drew the square and circle but maybe the machine couldn't read it...:huh:?

Might be time to start a new day. Now I can't get the HP 9000 to work, I keep getting a load media error on the printer and on the software it says Can't connect to the printer.

Might be time to start a new day. Now I can't get the HP 9000 to work, I keep getting a load media error on the printer and on the software it says Can't connect to the printer.

You can turn your media sensor off.  I keep mine off.  It is in background settings.