PointOfExpression

Few questions about sizing and sending

So in Flexi, I will size the decal that needs to be cut, when I send it over to cut the cut/plot box will open to preview. I have noticed for the past 4 years now it always adds a little to the size? Usually is is .200 added. I never really cared to much until I got an order to where it had to be exact dimension. I figured it was giving it some room for the art boards but come to find out, it is actually making my decals a little larger. Is there a setting in there to where it will NOT change the size after I size it before I send to cut?

you don't state what cutter you are using.. Is your cutter calibrated?  Check that.  If that isn't it,  just contact SAI support, they answer questions fast....

• Like 1

hiya, yes there is a setting if you go into the production manager, go into set up, there you will find Default Job Properties, click on the 3rd tab which has a picture of a blade holder and you wiil see resolution settings, default is 40.000mm ,,, for a smaller cut you have to decrease to say  38.000 see how that is, it should decrease the cut size a bit of trail and error and patience as there is no specific setting.... hope this helps you....

Regards dee

whats the default setting when you press the tab at the bottom, resore defaults, ( make a note of the settings before you press it)

what version of flexi do you run, i run the old 7.6v2 version...

I run in inches..  and also have 1016.00 as default.    It is the same on all of my versions of Flexi.

Oh ok not too sure about that one then sorry, maybe cos your running a different plotter the parameters are different..

I'm running a 30" Graphtec,  but it is true you can change the resolution  and make it smaller sized.