OWJones

Who's the JPSS guru around here?

I ordered a new desktop printer from Cobra Ink last Friday.  I got the Epson Workforce WP-4020 outfitted with pigment inks.  I had a cheesy old HP all-in-one that I've been using for color prints for making buttons, and an HP LaserJet IV for my day to day paperwork and I'm planning to replace both with this one printer to free up some space, and to be able to do t-shirt transfers for the customers who want pictures on non-polyester items.

I've already got someone asking about doing very simple designs on a poly/cotton t-shirt, 95% black with a tiny bit of blue, and they want them on safety yellow and safety orange shirts.

Should these be considered "Dark" colors with regards to which type of JPSS paper to use?  My guess is yes, because there is some blue in the design that I want to stay blue, but if it was all black, could I use the "Light" paper instead?  Never done these types of transfers before and just want to double check...

post-24492-0-22649000-1365380764.jpg post-24492-0-35463200-1365380766.jpg

A light transfer will let those colors show through and will change the color of the finished item

Those should be done on dark if you want true colors in the end

MM64 B)

Any color shirt other than white will have at least some impact on finished colors when using jpss. That being said it can create some unique effects in your designs. 

Jay