Hi!

I am new to the game! I live in a small town outside of Houston, TX,  I'm not doing this to break the bank or retire, it started off as a hobby sewing shirts and adding a little bling, personalized diaper cloths and adding bling to everything and anything people requested!! ...one thing lead to another and I bought a heat press, tons of pre-made transfers and an embroidery machine that I haven't even had the opportunity to open!!!! I want to do custom rhinestone transfers. Every housewife in the Houston area that owns an home  iron is now a "BLING T-SHIRT STORE"..so after a lot of investigating I  purchased the Graphtec CE-6000 and I am in a total blur!!! I haven't even taken it out of the box  or know anything about what software to get!!  It's very overwhelming but I'm in this far! I also put custom vinyl on tumblers with my Cricut and those sell very well. I guess I'm just here for a little support mainly on software and to hear others experiences. Right now this "hobby" has taken over my home so I have purchased a building, not for a store front but so I can get my house back!! Most of my customers come to me because they can't seem to get decent customer service anywhere and I am really honest about what I think am qualified to do and not to do. (That maybe why I give away more then I sell!!) I would like to stop that and I would like to spread out to be more creative. I have learned a few lessons the hard way (people ordering personalized stuff and not wanting to pay) Any suggestions about ways to store transfers, vinyl, rhinestones, t-shirts etc. will be GREATLY appreciated!! Sorry for the long introduction....I think I'm in a panic!!

Lots of good help here.  Sounds like you're on the right track with purchasing a good cutter and a dedicated building.  I just store transfers in the closet.  I made my own vinyl rack out of pvc pipe and electrical conduit.  Make sure you don't store them laying flat and use caution not to stand them up on end because it will flatten the edges.  I store my tshirts on a clothes rack bought at an auction when Fashion Bug went out of business.  As far as software, that can be a task.  For me, that can be the most frustrating at times.  Only because it's new to me and I have no experience with it.  So youtube videos come in handy and go slow.  

Sure cuts a lot pro is a cutting software that you can design is too.  It also has a rhinestone function.  once you do your design you click on rhinestone and set the size and it lays it out for you.  Might be something to consider for software for doing your own stuff

Hope you have great luck! If you are a "Giving" Person try to channel that towards building your brand & Image. Word of mouth is a priceless investment! Free stuff is good as long as you figure out how to make more money than your giving out. Treat the free stuff as advertising revenue so you can claim it as an expense. hope that helps.

Hello and welcome . First off don't PANIC it will all come out for you . You started out right with a great cutter and you will catch on pretty fast it is not as complicated as it seems . What software came with your cutter ? Your honesty and integrity are your best attributes in any business or just in life as far as that goes . There is plenty of info here along with videos and tutorials . Good luck and happy cutting .

Dan

• Like 1