Sign in to follow this  
CodyMcAllister

Setting the home position; I think?

When the machine starts a cut the blade will go from the left side of the machne all the way to the right and feed about 2 feet of vinyl before it starts the cut, "wasting" 2 feet of material before the vinyl image is made. I've read about a home position or origin; is this what I need to set, and how do i set it?

I am not familiar with SCALP, I use Signblazer. Did you look at all the settings in SCALP that are related to vinyl  feeding?

I have a Copam and have never had to set the origin or home position before cutting,  but then I never use the automatic measuring function.

I load the vinyl and then move the carriage over with the arrow buttons on the cutter and then cut, and the cut starts right there.

set the origin on your cutter before you send the job

The Copam machines do not have an "Origin" key.

been a while since I had mine - but i thought every machine I have had I could set the origin on    :huh:

Seems like the machine cuts the vinyl as it is laid out on my workspace. I.E. if the decal to be cut is in the top left of the workspace, the machine cuts it on the far left and in about a foot on the vinyl. Place the decal in the bottom rigthhand of the workspace, and it cuts it from the right side of the vinyl and at the place where the blade rests.

Having trouble setting the blade depth. I used the "sticky note" method to where the blade would cut through a single sheet and not the second one, but I still had irregular cuts where tiny pieces were left on some smaller letters. Have been using scrap vinyl for about an hour now cutting circles like USCutter recomends with the blade holder in-hand and I have it to where I can cut a circle with no jagged edges and BaRelY a mark in the backing paper. We'll see how it goes...

What settings should I start out with for 651 Oracal Intermediate vinyl. Pressure, offset, and so-forth? Thanks guys for helping too. I was rather dis-heartened last night when i first started with this "beast." lol

never heard of the sticky note thing - my blade doesn't touch paper - it is too abrasive.  setting = once you have the blade set right by hand put the blade holder in and test cut adding pressure until the test comes out clean - offset use what was on the blade package for your particular blade.

For regular sign vinyl such as Oracal 651 I almost always cut at the slowest speed which I think is 20? pressure 20, and offset .25. You can also adjust offset in your cutting software. It probably should be

set at 0 (zero) in SCALP.

What you might want to do is download Signblazer and try it out. Here is the download link.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ygva0uwuckhr4

Download the top file first, you will have to burn it to a CD and then install it from the CD.

Download the .rar file - you will then have to unzip it with winzip or if you do not have winzip you can download jzip which is free.

There is a file called instructions.doc after you unzip, you can open this file with wordpad or notepad which your computer should have already -
all the instructions are in there for you to read.

If you have a virus program you will have to disable it because it thinks it is a virus but there is not.

Seems like the machine cuts the vinyl as it is laid out on my workspace. I.E. if the decal to be cut is in the top left of the workspace, the machine cuts it on the far left and in about a foot on the vinyl. Place the decal in the bottom rigthhand of the workspace, and it cuts it from the right side of the vinyl and at the place where the blade rests.

This is because you have WYSIWYG selected in the software cutting setup screen for SCALPRO.

Change it to "Origin" and it won't do that.

(Or in SBE, make sure the "Fit To Origin" checkbox is selected)

• Like 1

Probably gonna sound dumb but...Turn on computer, load SCALP...already have "cleaned" my graphic, trace it, place it on "work area", click CUT icon, look at it(I hav NOT turned on cutter yet), satisfied with what I see, clear the CUT screen, hand feed vinyl, line it up, feed about 2-4in's extra material, lock down vinyl, turn on LP II, it will feed forward then back to original placement I locked down, bring up CUT screen and VIOLA, I institute the command to cut, I made the preset to give me 2in feed after cut is finished.

Trouble

Having some trouble.

Any help is greatly appreciated. The weeding took place MUCh easier than last night after I reset the blade depth and made the font a little thinker, but the decals are still looking pretty rough...

too much balde exposure, chewed up cutting strip, blade not rotating freely and or dull blade . . . .

You can put a drop of 3-in-1 oil in the blade holder to help the blade to rotate more freely.

What is the pressure set at?

Pressure is set at default. Haven't even messed with it yet. I've got it cutting better but the edges are still a little jagged. Tiny pieces are left over at the points of most letters. How do I adjust the pressure and what are the recommended settings?

Press the "SETUP" key on the cutter, the pressure is the middle set of numbers. You use the arrow keys to adjust it up and down. I use 20 for regular sign vinyl, 60 for transparent and 100 for reflective vinyl.

10-4  Guys and gals, I want to thank all of you for the help. This Copam machine is going strong and cutting long with VERY few to NO mistakes.  Lol. Thanks for all your help!

• Like 1