Sign in to follow this  
ericsch333

Vinyl that sticks to metal

I don't know why any of them wouldn't, I put vinyl on aluminum all the time. If it's for long term Oracal 751 or short term Oracal 651 or 631.

no it's blue it would be for gun barrels and stocks most stocks are wood or plastic so it's the blued surface. 

so you will also be dealing with heat and solvents - kinda important info there

Most vinyls should work just fine - if however you're planning on firing these weapons, the barrel temperatures will most likely exceed the recommended temperature range on most calendared vinyls and will lead to premature adhesive failure.

Oracal 651 is rated to 176° when adhered to metal - 951 is rated to 230°.

so you will also be dealing with heat and solvents - kinda important info there

Yeah, what he said.

I've seen a number of guys* shooting trap locally with various cut vinyl graphics added to both the firearm's furniture and receivers. The guys I shoot with and I have done some goofy things with what I've cut in the past.... but never have we done anything this goofy; honestly. Unless you have a weapon which experiences a good deal of rapid fire.... I'm telling ya, I've seen it work. Now I gotta ask, why would anyone wanna mark up a gun with vinyl graphics? The only explaination I've come up with is it started in the clubhouse bar as a joke about how hard it was to find their gun in the rack and got carried away from there? 

* Of the few women I see shooting trap, none would be caught with vinyl graphics on their guns. 

duck hunting,deer,turkey for sure,those boogers have awesome eyesight.....anything black and any signs of gloss just sticks out to these animals.