Sign in to follow this  
supergirl

Another question

Ok so after I installed my serial to USB cable I can't get my cutter cutting again:( using the sir cuts a lot. It acts as if it is cutting and I can watch the bar counting down to the finish but the machine is not cutting. I went to sign blazer and the same thing. Looking at the computer you would think it is worki g properly but the machine is not doing anything.

serial to USB cable ?  What brand? 

From USCUTTER support from a previous post on USB to serial cables

most radio shack USB to Serial adapters will not work... Or Staples or Office Depot for that matter. That's why we only carry the Keyspan USB to serial adapter. It's the only one that we can say for sure will work as it should every time and we've tested it thoroughly.  Another solid USB to serial adapter is a Belkin- but in either case you have to have a Null Modem serial cable for either to work. Banner John is correct in that a serial connection is given COM 1 by default, however, if you're using a USB to serial adapter it will likely get a regular COM port number in the device manager. If none of this helps, be sure to call in to the support department and speak with Mike Northman. 425-902-1302

either put a serial card in your desktop or get an older win xp machine with a serial port - be done with the messing around

ok I am confused which is not a suprise! I understand about the cable and Im going to look into the serial card but I dont understand why it was working fine for the last 6months until the usb broke loose from the board and now it wont cut.  I know you guys know what your talking about but is that possible?

if it was working fine until the usb broke loose maybe it damaged the motherboard when it did . . . just a thought.  but then again if you don't have a null modelm serial cable with the proper adapter how will you know if the serial works or not?