Coaster36

How do they do large production runs of decals?

Im curious about how they do large production runs of decals you see in stores. Like the salt life stickers. I know there is die cut but that cuts the backing. The salt life stickers look like regular machine cut vinyl with clear app tape. Are they making these stickers on regular vinyl cutters and someone has to weed all of them?

There has to be a way to save time.

They might be die cut but the die isnt cutting through the backing. Not printed either. 

which brings up another point - how many times die cut is misused - referring to machinge cut. to cut with a die is much different than to cut with a plotter.

• Like 1

I know the difference. But how do they do large production runs of machine cut decals? Do they just have a bunch of huge machines and then a ton of people weeding? 

I wasn't referring to you not knowing the difference.  I could tell from your post YOU did.  not sure on the production though.

The weeding is done automatically. For a small machine look at something like the Graphtec LCX603 

I know the difference. But how do they do large production runs of machine cut decals? Do they just have a bunch of huge machines and then a ton of people weeding? 

I am working on a big job at the moment. As my sister in law and I were weeding PILES of graphics, we were totally wondering this, lol.