Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

DAX Shows?

Can someone fill me in about these shows. The family business registered for the DAX show in Illinois but I wan to make sure it's what I think it is. It's like an ISS show but smaller? I went to one waaaay back in the day when I was in graphic class in high school 18 years ago. I remember learning a lot about screen printing man things have changed a lot, and the freebies were amazing, had a cool 57 Chevy printed tshirt wore that till it fell apart. Any am I correct about what it is? And is anyone going to it?

You're referring to the Decorated Apparel Expo  (Minneapolis, March 22-23 and Illinois, Tinley Park Convention Center, April 26-27)

http://www.daxshow.com/

This type of industry covers a lot of ground, and includes vinyl cutters, printers, embroidery & screenprinting.

If you are involved with production of t-shirts, then by all means, go. and have fun.

All trade shows provide an opportunity for freebies.

This one is no exception.

Who knows, you might even get a cool cap.

Slice that's exactly the show, we are actually into T-shirts be it DTG, vinyl, and crepe printing along with using digital format. We're also in the early stages of vinyl signs, banners, and window decals be it cars, trucks, semis, and computers.

Excellent, then DAX is perfect to attend.

For those who have never been to a trade show before, here are some hints:

-- Even the 'smaller' conventions are large, so wear comfortable walking shoes & bring your camera

-- Don't be afraid to take advantage of convention deals and order some materials

-- The big booths are terrific, but even the minor ones can provide excellent tools and gadgets

-- Talk to your fellow attendees, and exchange contact info (networking is fun, just like within this forum)

-- Be sure to have a USB thumbnail drive in your pocket

DAX is great if you are into shirts.  Take a stack of business cards too.  I was at the one in KC last week and many of the vendors asked for cards so they could jot down the things I asked them about so they could follow up with me.

That was my 3rd DAX show, and I will keep on going.  Good info and, I learn more and more every year.  

IM going to the Minneapolis show that is coming up in a few weeks. Can't wait to have my mind blown away with the information that will be there. Anyone else going?