Sign in to follow this  
tammy h

ProWorld vs. SUNIE

OK- you guys are going to think I'm crazy! I haven't bought a heat press yet- I've been still debating. I've now swung back to the 15x15 clamshell. I had totally decided on the SUNIE above that you had pasted in my previous posts & I've read so much about on these forums.
Anyway- I was solicited by ProWorld on another site and they offer the 299 press which they say is better than the SUNIE and they offer a 50 off a 100 order and/or spend 299 and buy the press for another 99.

The 50 off of 100 makes it comparable to the SUNIE in price- other than I had planned on ordering my vinyl from US Cutter. I have also read that the ProWorld Press had upgraded electronics but they offer a 1 year warranty but lifetime on the element.

Does anyone have experience with ProWorld vs. Sunie? Like How are they to deal with? I tried contacting Sunie thru their EBAY team and they only responded to me 1x. But to be totally honest, I had run into this similar thing with US Cutter EBay team also- but I have had nothing but EXCELLENT service from US Cutter since.

As always- thank you in advance for all your help!

I'm hoping to actually place my order today/ tomorrow. I have a bunch of people wanting shirts and I've put off this order long enough :)

Last but not least- how is ProWorld heat applied vinyl vs. Siser or Thermoflex? Is there any recent experience using any of their transfers including rhinestones?

Tammy

no experience with the pro world unit but the plus is it also has the over the center pressure adjustment and the attachment point of the platen is solid and not on 4 long bolts like some of the cheaper ones. as for updated electronics - I haven't seen a dual display like that since the early mighty presses - usually one side is the set and the other is actual temp.  With the materials order it could be a good deal as the materials should make money.  What is the warrantee on that unit and also notice the line "Free shipping does not apply to this promotion." - that could be quite a bit on a press

Thank you for the feedback. I think the Sunie you linked to my last posting- has the center pressure as well? I really was leaning towards it and then started looking more into the ProWorld one. Some of the old posts on the ProWorld one said it's the same basic machine ad the Sunie with some kind of an update. I would probably do the $299 deal with the $50 coupon off.  It is a minor cost really and I'm driving myself crazy.

What heat treat vinyl do you recommend?

do they offer the free shipping at 299 -50?   I like siser and thermoflex personally.  On my sunie, after I had it about 10 months I started doing sublimation and found the higher digit didn't work right on the display - they send  a whole new controler out priority - I was impressed with that