mars

VinylMaster software closeouts on eBay

I just bought VMP 3.0 the middle level of Vinylmaster at a very good price. I am using it on my XP machine and it works on everything up to Win 7 - there may be some issues with Windows 8 - so ask questions if that is your operating system.

Here is the eBay page of auctions from the seller I dealt with - Steve is great to deal with - I am a happy customer - no business connection other than that.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=VinylMaster&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Version 4.0 is coming out pretty soon - which in software terms means anything from a few weeks to maybe a year or more LOL.

Meantime you can snag a copy of the level of functionalty (VML -VMP -VMX) you need for a discounted price since the current version is on clearance.

Here is a link to a .pdf with feature comparison for the 3 different levels.

http://www.iifuture.com/shared/info/en/vm/VinylMaster_Comparison.pdf

The VML is very basic - VMP (which I bought) is good enough for most cut vinyl work which is what I needed for now. VMX has the extra features needed for printing - which I don't do yet.

Just thought I would post - since it is so much more powerful than Sure-Cuts-A-Lot 3 Pro which I also just bought (for the $50 intro price)

I do like some features of SCAL3P and it is still improving - VinylMaster is just a more powerful program for cutting vinyl and not much more expensive.

I liked VinylMaster from previous versions - so am happy to be up to date until the new verison comes out.

-Mike

• Like 1

I looked at your link & the cheapest I seen the pro version was $250 ?? I watched the video & the pro & especially the expert version does have some cool tools . Like you said , printing seems to be the specialty of the expert version . I tried this years ago & thought it was not as easy as I wanted . I was not as experienced then , so that may have been a major factor . Thanks Mike , for the share . USCutter does sell SCALPro on e-bay for $99 shipped . It would be tempting to buy a value cutter & get SCALPro included & have a very cheap cutter .

They have a demo that lets you try most of the features - When you run it you select if you want to run VML VMP or VMX version of the demo so you can see what is included (and missing) from the different versions.  You need to request the demo and they will send you a link to download - and also a cd with the software can be mailed to you.  They haen't abused my email - only occasional notices of an upgraded demo - or new videos on their utube channel.

They have a large number of videos here:

The demos are limited - saving and cutting the files you design is not available in the demo.  But you can see how the program works. 

They have set up some sample files that you can send to your cutter or print to your large format printer.

And Rodger the learning curve on earlier versions was much steeper I think -- try the demo and see if the current version is to your liking - nothing to lose.

--all the auctions have a "Make Offer"  button -- don't be ridiculous - but if you try the demo and decide you like the program feel free to make an offer - Steve will respond and if you are too low he will make a counteroffer.

-Mike

They have launched the new version - here is a search of eBay with the current listings

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC1&_nkw=Vinylmaster&_sacat=0&_from=R40

The basic level (VinylMaster Ltr) is a pretty good value - one listing has it for $98.66 or best offer - so it is cheaper than SCAL3Pro and it is a much more robust application.

They have a more basic verison - and 2 more advanced versions to choose from. Check out the Demo version - link in the eBay listings.