Sign in to follow this  
kinglearpa

inkscape system requirements

Hi all. I've had my pcut a couple weeks now and it's a pretty amazing machine. I've been trying to convert Bitmaps to Vector and while it seems to make the conversion as soon as I try to save it as an .eps, the Inkscape program informs me that it is closing and that it is saving a copy of my work in a dated folder format, not an .eps. It's done it everytime, needless to say it's a bit frustrating. Otherwise once you firgure it out (the Youtube tutorial helped alot) it looks like it might just do the job.

Now, can anyone tell me what The system requirements are for InkSCape? I've looked in the help index and have not found any reference. MY current system for the cutter, signblazer and Inkscape is a AMD Duron 1300 mhz with 256mb of memory. While it runs SignBlazer just fine, I suspect it might be a problem for Inkscape

Any one know, for that matter anyone running Inkscape on a slower machine?

BTW the main reason I bought a cutter from UScutter was this really good user forum. I've been lurking here for more than a month, and have learned a great deal. Nice to have a bunch of people in the same boat.l

Denny

I had that problem with the version of Inkscape that came with the cutter. Downloaded the latest version and solved it. A slow computer shouldn't matter. I run it on a 1ghz,256 Ram machine just fine.