Sign in to follow this  
thegirlscreate

HELP!

I recently purchased and installed SCAL3 and now Signblazer doesn't recognize my plotter anymore. What am I missing?! I need to be able to use signblazer still! Please help!

How can I attach a picture of my screen shot to show you? I haven't changed my settings and I have been using signblazer since 2009-- when I plug in the machine now signblazer doesn't have it as an option. 

Does that make sense?

At the bottom, you see there's a LOAD button (Cutter Setup) -- perhaps the missing cutter is available there?

OK, I get what you're saying, the problem is in the Port choices (Output) --  just try Com 1.

Have you re-installed the drivers?

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/23/drivers

From SignBlazer Help Files:

Preferably all USB cutters and printers with their USB drivers should be setup before before installing this program.  Refer to the instructions that came with the USB device for detailed installation information.  The information below is only general advice on setting up cutting or printing with equipment that uses USB connections.

Setting up a Cutter using USB connections
Put the CD that came with your cutter, that contains the USB cutter driver, into your CD drive.  If you don't have the driver, you may be able to find it on the manufacturer's website, or obtain it from your cutter dealer.  With your cutter powered on, attach the USB cable to your cutter's USB port, and to a suitable USB port on your computer.  Windows should automatically detect the cutter.  If not, restart your computer.  An 'Add New Hardware' screen will appear. Follow the displayed on-screen instructions.

Yes, because SCAL has it's own drivers that install within the application. It may overwrite the USCutter drivers. It shouldn't hurt to re-install them anyway.

With the cutter turned on, if you unplug the USB to cutter and plug it back in, does Windows tell you that USB hardware has been detected?

With the cutter turned on, if you unplug the USB to cutter and plug it back in, does Windows tell you that USB hardware has been detected?

Yes and it acts like it is installing, it told me I needed to restart my computer. I did that. Still nothing

Nope I am going to try that now, I am stumped too it is just bizarre to me and frustrating since I have files I need to cut in signblazer! Thank you for your help!

You can open them in SignBlazer and export them as .eps files. SCAL should be able to open the .eps files.