Hey guys, Newbie here and I been tossing around the idea of starting a small decal/shirt shop for a few extra bucks. but this is my dilema,

Im looking at the business package offered for around $1000. This bundle offers a 24" sc plotter. Is this plotter efficient enough to run a small business? I would like to start small and maybe expand later but i just dont want to regret buying a less quality plotter, but would like to keep my start up costs at a minimum.

Any insight would be greatly appriciated

Thanks.

I started out with a cutter that wasn't that good and still making a full time living 8 years later. The short answer is yes. The SC cutter is perfectly capable of doing what you need. Of course you could try and find a Graphtec on Craigs list or ebay from someone who bought the best before they knew if they were inclined to the business.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input, i'm thinking maybe ill go with it since i'm new to all this and see how i catch on to the plotter/printer world. If all goes well maybe an upgrade in a few years.

Thanks again.

If it goes as well as it did with me, you'll have it paid for and ready for the graphtec in 6 months.

• Like 1

My sign store is running with the 34"SC unit.

(The 34" machine is only $30 more than the smaller one with stand, I would ask your US Cutter Sales Representative if he can go ahead and upgrade your bundle with that larger sized machine)

My sign store is running with the 34"SC unit. (The 34" machine is only $30 more than the smaller one with stand, I would ask your US Cutter Sales Representative if he can go ahead and upgrade your bundle with that larger sized machine)

Excellent Idea. I don't need my bigger cutter often but when I do, I really do.

How does a small business like this manage inventory and invoices? Do you actually print an invoice for every decal you sell? Inventory every decal? That could be hundreds correct? That seems like alot of work to keep everything organized and on budget.

How does a small business like this manage inventory and invoices? Do you actually print an invoice for every decal you sell? Inventory every decal? That could be hundreds correct? That seems like alot of work to keep everything organized and on budget.

Go take a Quickbooks or type of accounting software class.