Sign in to follow this  
lukejian

SC cannot cut small detail circles, is that true?

I had a problem cutting out small circles, which they appear to be out of round when cutting.

i talked to the customer support regarding this issue, they told me that SC is not design to cut small objects.

Small circles that i meant refer to something like iphone front camera, home button and stuff.

As I recall from your previous posts, you stated that your circle was not round from the git go. So, your cutter is going to cut what it reads from the data. The SC have stepper motors and are not as smooth cutting as a Graphtec with a servo motor. .And the value cutters are not as likely to cut the smaller detailed designs without fine tuning the machine in. Also, it is best to use a 60 degree blade with detailed designs. A lot has to do with the blade length in your vinyl cutter and blade offset also. And your cutting speed. I have seen some nice work done with the SC cutter. And very detailed.. From what I have read from others using the SC cutter, it is best to have it on a Keyspan adapter. Have you tried the Sure Cuts Alot program? It seems the cuts are better with it. Are you sure your vinyl is not slipping also? Is cutter head in track good?

From this post, this member has an SC cutter and here is his work. Circles of all sizes.

post your cutting file up in an .eps

• Like 1

Yeah Ive cut some pretty small detailed stuff with my SC so far. Im using a 60 degree blade for them also though.

As I recall from your previous posts, you stated that your circle was not round from the git go. So, your cutter is going to cut what it reads from the data. The SC have stepper motors and are not as smooth cutting as a Graphtec with a servo motor. .And the value cutters are not as likely to cut the smaller detailed designs without fine tuning the machine in. Also, it is best to use a 60 degree blade with detailed designs. A lot has to do with the blade length in your vinyl cutter and blade offset also. And your cutting speed. I have seen some nice work done with the SC cutter. And very detailed.. From what I have read from others using the SC cutter, it is best to have it on a Keyspan adapter. Have you tried the Sure Cuts Alot program? It seems the cuts are better with it. Are you sure your vinyl is not slipping also? Is cutter head in track good? From this post, this member has an SC cutter and here is his work. Circles of all sizes. http://forum.uscutte...__fromsearch__1 post your cutting file up in an .eps

Here is the picture of the cutting result. I also attached the eps file of the original data file. As mentioned, i did use the 60 degree blade and tried different blade offset. It seems to me that 0.60 works the best but still not perfect. I tried the sure cuts alot, the problem is still there. I haven't get a chance to try the keyspan adapter because i am using macbook with windows system which it doesn't have the connect point for keyspan. I am sure the vinyl is not slipping because when i lock the lockers, i tried moving the vinyl and its tightly locked. The head is in the track good as well because the machine won't work if the head wasn't in the track properly.

PS: i also find that when i cut exactly the same thing with the same setting several times, the outputed result is still slightly different. Like very very small difference.

qywahw.jpg

iphone 5.eps

what does that mean..? ( i am using macbook with windows system which it doesn't have the connect point for keyspan. )

I could also be the vinyl your using, What brand is that? What is the offset at?

Until you get this cutter on a Keyspan, like many have said, who own an SC cutter, works best with keyspan adapter. You may not get this corrected.

The head will still move with 1 of the wheels off track....mine showed up that way and moved. I just noticed it and fixed it later that day.

what does that mean..? ( i am using macbook with windows system which it doesn't have the connect point for keyspan. ) I could also be the vinyl your using, What brand is that? What is the offset at? Until you get this cutter on a Keyspan, like many have said, who own an SC cutter, works best with keyspan adapter. You may not get this corrected.

this is oracal 631. I tried offset with 0.55 and 0.60. i cannot set too high because i still have to cut a long square underneath the circles.

Sorry i misunderstand what u meant by keyspan adapter unstill i did some google online.... I will try buy one of that and see if everything work.\

also i found out that when the machine is drawing circle, the start point and the end point aren't corresponding properly. They are like 0.1-0.2mm off.

this is oracal 631. I tried offset with 0.55 and 0.60. i cannot set too high because i still have to cut a long square underneath the circles. Sorry i misunderstand what u meant by keyspan adapter unstill i did some google online.... I will try buy one of that and see if everything work.\ also i found out that when the machine is drawing circle, the start point and the end point aren't corresponding properly. They are like 0.1-0.2mm off.

The vinyl is fine..Your blade offset is way too high. the normal offset .0.25MM and that is for everything you cut. Start at 0.25MM and go down a bit and see if it gets worse. Or go up a bit higher and see if it gets worse. but what you have is way too high.

Your lines are off because of your blade offset. Way too high..

Are you using your machines TEST feature and adjusting the blade offset to that? You should be. I don't know the TEST pattern for the SC cutter, but the corners should be sharp and not rounded.

The vinyl is fine..Your blade offset is way too high. the normal offset .0.25MM and that is for everything you cut. Start at 0.25MM and go down a bit and see if it gets worse. Or go up a bit higher and see if it gets worse. but what you have is way too high. Your lines are off because of your blade offset. Way too high.. Are you using your machines TEST feature and adjusting the blade offset to that? You should be. I don't know the TEST pattern for the SC cutter, but the corners should be sharp and not rounded.

alright, i will try that. Because i found it online saying that using 60 degree blade should set it as 0.50mm. Since my circle is not round,thats why i increase the offset to 0.60.

alright, i will try that. Because i found it online saying that using 60 degree blade should set it as 0.50mm. Since my circle is not round,thats why i increase the offset to 0.60.

Adjust your blade offset to your machine TEST pattern, that is what it is for. When the TEST pattern looks great, then cut your design. If it doesn't look great, keep adjusting. Then your not wasting a bunch of vinyl. The corners should be sharp.

Here are pictures to determine how your blade offset should look. And which way is, too high and too low. You should use your TEST pattern on your machine, and make sure the corners are nice. That is what the TEST pattern is for, checking blade depth and blade offset, before you even cut your design. You should also use this when changing different thicknesses of vinyl. Or changing your blade. That way you don't waste vinyl. So, what does your TEST pattern look like? post-3058-0-40658100-1354845275.jpg

Yes, there's nothing wrong with the SC Machine, as is. I've owned oned since September, and it's been a flawless machine. Granted, you may have received a defect, but the odds are against it. Also, if you did, or even if it's uncertain, in my experiance, USCutter is trying to do the opposite from ripping people off.

Honestly lukejian, there are 3 (or 4) distinct steps in getting your design from your design software to your cutter, and the industry has never agreed on all these steps, and never will. It's YOUR job to learn and keep up with these steps. It's been mine for nearly 3 decades. It gets old. But it never goes away, this change.

I've learned to cherish this and learn from this change. At 55, I'm good.

But my whole point to you is, you need to learn all of your (1) computer, (2) your design software, your (3) "cutting software", and then (4) your plotter/cutter itself.

I've been doing this, like I said, for several decades, and it's still a daunting task.

If you think you've discovered a shorter path, then please share.

Take care, Mark

As Ms SKEETER just so eloquently illustrated, you need to truly learn your cutter/plotter.

I'll just reiterate that your cutter doesn't know what to do without instructions, and those instructions come from you, through your design and/or cutting software.

To simplify, in my experience; the more you spend, the easier it becomes.