Kelleybell123

Im confused! Whats the latest version of corel draw?...Because...

Im buying a pc that has corel draw 9.0 on it and Im looking online & from what "I" can see the latest version is something called 6X. Now I know this pc is older so I know that 9.0 is not the latest version but if 6 is the latest version what do I have? Please clear this up for me...Thanks so much!

Im buying a pc that has corel draw 9.0 on it and Im looking online & from what "I" can see the latest version is something called 6X. Now I know this pc is older so I know that 9.0 is not the latest version but if 6 is the latest version what do I have? Please clear this up for me...Thanks so much!

Just doing a little search found this, yours is older than 2002....

http://www.ehow.com/...corel-draw.html

CorelDraw 9 is a much older version....it may have problems opening newer ai & eps files and even svg and png files.

There have been a lot of improvements since version 9.

When Corel reached version 13...they added the "X" rather than use "13" and the "X" has since stuck.

You may be able to upgrade your Corel 9.

Do you need the latest and the greatest X6?

That depends on you....X3 would work fine.

Sue2

So Im wondering if Corel 9 is any better than adobe illustrator CS2 thats what Ive been using since I started doing this stuff. Does corel have anything that CS2 doesnt? Thanks again

Personally, I find Corel easier to work with when it comes to graphics and node editing.

But I started with CorelDraw 3.

Each has it's good points and bad.

Sue2

CS2 is MUCH MUCH newer than Corel 9. I wouldn't waste your time with Corel 9. Now if you had an oppertunity to buy a newer version, I would say you might like to have it as another tool or to understand both. Illy is a very capable program and some exclusively use it.

Ok so tell me Im wanting to buy a complete "set" of sorts & I need you all to give me your opinions on if its a decent deal or should I pass. Now Im nowhere near a pro but I want to get started in selling decals & bumper stickers & things like that and figured this would be a good "STARTER" set. It all would cost me about $1000. Here it is: Thanks to any of you who can chime in! :)

Heat Seal H312

Roland Camm 1 cx-24

HP Designjet 2500 CP (also has about 5 or 6 extra ink cartridges)

PC and software (this is what I found Corel 9 on also comes with something called Design To Prodution ??)