coloradokev

Help, please: PCut 630 cuts entire toolpath- not picking blade up

Hi all,

I am finally able to work with my new cutter and am getting a bit frustrated.  I am just trying to enter some simple text in SB Demo, and convert the text to curves and go to Cutter.  As soon as I click on the Cut Tile button, the toolpath appears with the selected text and the PCut faithfully cuts the entire path, making the resulting vinyl useless.

I'm attaching a jpeg of what I'm looking at and the cutter cuts.

A little help please?

Thanks,

Kev

post-2054-12986516227459_thumb.jpg

post-2054-1298651624158_thumb.jpg

There is definately alot there.

I don't have signblazer hotshot but in elements I don't have to vectorize the text. I just type it out and go to cut. I also noticed you have the weed all cranked up to 5.08

the line cut across is exactly what it is supposed to do in the demo version. From the Signblazer site:

SignBlazer HotShot Demo (PC version)

The Windows98SE/ME/2000/XP Demo Version demonstrates all the features of SignBlazer HotShot release 5.5.62 (note that the current release for sale is 6.0.xx). This is a full working version of the program, except:

when you print or cut there will be lines across your work,

you can't save or export your work.

Thanks, so I turned down "weed" to 3 (not sure what to set this to), did a straight type and cut 2 step process w/ same result.

K

Oh- thanks John-

So this is "normal" for my XP demo ver.?  Yuck!

Oh well, if so, at least I can confirm the little cutter is working (I guess).

I have the full version, but wanted to get a newer  system before I installed the SB Pro.  I have read all the threads on the upgrade / new computer, uninstall then reinstall process, so I guess I'll just have to cool my heels until I get my new, Permanent box.

I have also experienced the symptom mentioned on the forum about having to restart my system in order for the plotter to actually begin the print job.  I am connected via the supplied RS-232 cable.  I click Cut Tile, and the sending to printer dialog box flashes up for 1.5 seconds then not output until I restart XP.

Darned Gremlins-

Did you get signblazer elements with your machine?

No, I got SignBlazer /6, just waiting until my new laptop gets in.

If you have the dongle version of Pro,you can go ahead and install it,use it,then install it on your new computer. I think up to 5 computers BUT of course it will only work with the dongle so you just have to move the dongle to the new computer.

It's Nice to know tha the "Pro"version has that capability, but I'm gonna stick with the regular version that came with my PCut, I was just hoping I could actually DO something with the Demo version.

Oh Well, like I said: at least I know the PCut is alive, able to talk to my PC (kind of) and will cut.

I'll read though more  threads here to see if I can determine why I have to restart  XP every time I want to cut.

Much obliged-

Kev

Okay, that looks promising!

I will download this and give it a try.  This is the site I had downloaded the demo from, by using the link in the left hand column.  I hadn't seen this 30 ady trial offer on SB/6, so I'll give that a try and let you know.

Hopefully,

Kev

Eureka!

The SB6 Trial version did the trick I am the proud owner of a perfectly working PCut now!  It cut flawlessly the first attempt.

Thanks BannerJohn for the tip.  I am very enthusiastic now about the cutter, the possibilities for it and the community behind these machines.

You guys rock!

Bruce, I took that offset value from comments I read i the threads hear.  It seems for cutting Oracal calendered vinyl folks are giving .25 or .30 offsets.  Is that incorrect?

By the way, the trial version also cleared up the problem of having to restart XP in order to cut.

Thanks again all,

Kev