FullTiltRiderPDX

My first decals for my cars back window.

Here are my first decals I made for my car. I hope to get a lot of interest in them as I dont know of anyone else doing them around here. This is my first design but have since redesigned it to have more content

First design, 24 x 4", "hooked up to car"

post-28631-0-15409800-1352023207.jpg

Redesign I finished today and will swap out the plain 1st one for this

post-28631-0-51482800-1352023239.jpg

• Like 1

It looks good. Just kidding about the Ducks. I made Oregon some stencils for a friends sport court and a logo for his backboard.

It looks good. Just kidding about the Ducks. I made Oregon some stencils for a friends sport court and a logo for his backboard.

My buddy owns a wrap shop in town and another guy I know owns a hydro dipping company, they both have the contracts for the ducks helemts. If I get a lot of postive feedback on my illuminated ducks decals and I can get a good pricepoint on them, I may go down to the college and get a license to produce them for retail. But the illuminating material is pretty expensive though.

Must admit it looks great!

Illuminating not reflective.....how does it work?

It looks like glow-in-the-dark.

Does it hold up long-term?

Cost?

Thanks!

Sue

EL panels (Electroluminescent panels) Its pretty expensive stuff.... Its not really the vinyl that is illuminating, its behind the vinyl. I cut out the logo in black standard vinyl, then use translucent vinyl to add the colors I want. The panels come in 3 basic colors White off/Blue on, White off/Aqua on, Pink off/White on. But to give you an idea, a standard size 8.5 x 11" panel with power inverter will run you in the $70-100 range depending on quality. Most panels lifespan are about 10-20k hours.

post-28631-0-23691000-1352600027.jpg

In the first picture you say "hooked up to car"....what does this mean? How exactly do these get power?

The EL Panels run off a power inverter. Kinda like a neon transformer.