blankey85

How to make Wall Decal from a picture?

Hello everyone! I'm looking for some insight on what process/steps you would use if someone/you wanted to create a vector to make wall art out of.

I'd like to use something similar to this picture. I'd like the jeep outline and details along with like the rock outline or something.

th_Jeeptestphoto.jpg

How would you go about creating such a thing? Thanks in advance for any help!!

• Like 1

Thanks smokeybearfan and thanks Kaywals. How / what program did you use to vector the photo? I have Flexi but don't know if that is what you used for something so complicated. How would I get rid of all the background portion in your vector, or would I have to cut out the jeep first and make a new vector? Thanks for the help!

Thanks smokeybearfan and thanks Kaywals. How / what program did you use to vector the photo? I have Flexi but don't know if that is what you used for something so complicated. How would I get rid of all the background portion in your vector, or would I have to cut out the jeep first and make a new vector? Thanks for the help!

All you have to do to remove the background is to remove the nodes using the node edit function in your cutting software...

Also, An easy way to vectorize is to use Inkscape, which is a free program. It gives decent results with just a few mouse clicks...

http://screencast.com/t/a600bWsRV

• Like 3

All you have to do to remove the background is to remove the nodes using the node edit function in your cutting software.

An easy way to vectorize is to use Inkscape, which is a free program. It gives decent results with just a few mouse clicks...

http://screencast.com/t/a600bWsRV

You make that look way too easy. Nice!!!

I Use Inkscape for me its the best vector software .. and its free... that is what i did the Jeep photo with .. so i agree with

mb20music he is right here is a how to vid on Inkscape making vectors out of Jpg. bmp.

Wow thanks everyone for all the input. I was thinking it would be more difficult than it really is. Kaywals that one looks great and thanks for the help!