slopchops

Weeding problem

I have the US cutter 24" By george it just doesn't complete the cuts all the way on most of fonts. This makes weeding difficult and results in expelling numerous cuss-words. :huh:

In most sign software it tells to increase the angle of the blade by a point or two.

I have done this with this Signblazer software up to ten points and can't tell any difference.

I have contacted Ken Imes about this before and was advised to leave those settings alone.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am just tearing up to many letters on account of this. :'(

Guest fivestar

I don't use Sign Blazer but in Flexi I just adjust the offset a few points and it fixes my problem.

Guest fivestar

One of you post a file you're having problems with in .eps format and I will cut it and see how it weeds for me.

pretty much anything i cut has a tiny (fraction of a millimeter) amount still attached... it just only pulls up when its small text or graphics

pretty much anything i cut has a tiny (fraction of a millimeter) amount still attached... it just only pulls up when its small text or graphics

Yes, samo, samo. It's not to noticeable in large letters but anything two inches and below it is not giving a clean cut.

Whats your email address fourthsyde and I will send you a example.

I have the US cutter 24" By george it just doesn't complete the cuts all the way on most of fonts. This makes weeding difficult and results in expelling numerous cuss-words. :huh:

In most sign software it tells to increase the angle of the blade by a point or two.

I have done this with this Signblazer software up to ten points and can't tell any difference.

I have contacted Ken Imes about this before and was advised to leave those settings alone.

Does anyone else have this problem?

I am just tearing up to many letters on account of this. :'(

The only setting to adjust for cuts not closing would be the offset in SignBlazer, but not the offset on the cutter itself.

I understand that. I gave went into the Sign software-to cutter- to set up at the top of the page-to "blade offset" and the settings were 0.00

I changed it to 0.15 and it does cut somewhat better. This is a cast vinyl I am cutting and the pressure is 106.

It still isn't perfect though.

Adjust more?

Yes, please try .020, .025, .030, .035 until you get the desired results with the cuts closing completely.

I have 2 cutters...one with Flexi,one with SignBlazer. In both software, the offset is set to .025. Perfect cuts every time,down to 1/2 inch letters. I arrived at this by trial and error...increasing a bit each time.

Guest Terry

I don't use Sign Blazer but in Flexi I just adjust the offset a few points and it fixes my problem.

SAME HERE, with Flexi.

and it has problems below 1/2"

No. I have problems seeing well enough to weed anything that small. I do mostly banners. I can't remember ever doing anything smaller that 1/2 inch.

Guest sciondrgn

0.25 for mine as well flexi and signblazer.. works great!

i have mine at.012" because i have signcut set in inches as opposed to mm and it seems to have issues still... ive tested all the way up to .018 and im still having issues...