Sign in to follow this  
xpaperman

I want to cut circles, not the letter "O"

I have drawn some circles in corel. When creating them I had a line thickness set at 1.0. After creating my design with these circles I went to cut (in sign blazer) and (well, I didn't really cut, I was using the pen on paper to check my work before cutting) and for every circle it cut and outside line and an inside line. Basically the letter 'O'. Thinking it was my line thickness, I went and changed them to hairline. Sent to cut..... same thing, just a thinner 'O'.

I then went back and changed line thickness to none, thinking then I would just get the one cut I was looking for. When I opened it up in sign blazer.... there was no image. I did not try to cut because there was no image. What am I doing wrong?

I just want to cut circles not the letter O.

Thanks in advance for any help

Brian

That is what I did. then I duplicated the circles.

Did you duplicate and then size one smaller and put it in side the other circle? If so just delete the inner circle so that it does not cut that inner line, ending you up with an O ring cut out. I have never used corel or signblazer so this might not be relevant to you. If you aren't doing that, then ignore me.

HiDef, thanks for the input. I did not duplicate and then change sizes. I simply drew a circle, duplicated it (it duplicated next to my original)then I blended them along a line. I do appreciate you trying to help but I don't think that is my issue.

HiDef, thanks for the input. I did not duplicate and then change sizes. I simply drew a circle, duplicated it (it duplicated next to my original)then I blended them along a line. I do appreciate you trying to help but I don't think that is my issue.

Ok not a problem glad to try to help. Maybe post the eps file that you're cutting so we can check it out on our cutters and see if it's the file or not.

Yes, you want to delete the LINE and only cut the FILL.

Check in wireframe view to see where the cut lines are.

A few things to try:

**Try converting your circles to curves.

**Try copy and pasting into SB rather than importing

or opening a CMX file.

**Make your design in SB...it does circles real well.

No matter what graphics program you use it's sometimes

frustrating trying to figure out just what works...

BUT you will remember for next time.

Each lesson learned will build your knowledge base and

make your next job a bit easier.

Good Luck!

Sue2

The "cut the fill" makes sense to me (I am new) how can I check that or see to it that is what is to be cut. I only have a line for the circle showing in wireframe view. Do I need to "fill" all the circles then delete the line?

You need to have your circles FILLED with some color

and NO LINES. If you have no FILL and delete the LINE,

there is nothing.

What you see in wireframe are outlines where your cutter

will cut. Think of them as pathways....they are not actually

lines.

Sue2

Ok, after playing around with some settings (view) and colors, I managed to get some "fill". Went to cut and it looks like what ever I did worked. Thanks to everyone for the help, I think Sue nailed it, or at least in a way I could understand or made sense. :-)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Show us what you created when you have time!

Oh, I should have guessed it was for rhinestones when you

said you lined up the circles.

Here are instructions I picked up on how to set up a

"Circles Brush" in Corel....makes things a bit easier.

Creating a Rhinestone Brush

1. Select the "Ellipse Tool" from the tools toolbar on the left hand side and hold down "ctrl" to create a perfect circle to represent a rhinestone.

2. The sizing can now be changed via the "Property Toolbar." Enter your desired height and width of the rhinestone. It is usually best to make the circles slightly larger than the width of the rhinestones you will be using.

3. You will now have a circle that you can select and modify the coloring if desired.

4. Go to "Window>Dockers" and turn all three of the following docks on by clicking on them. If there is a check next to the current dock it is already opened. "Symbol Manager," "Artistic Media" and "Properties."

5. Select the circle, and change the stroke width in the "Properties" dock under the "Outline" tab. The width will need to be set to "Hairline."

6. Once you have both docks open select the circle and click and drag it into the "Symbol Manager." It will appear in the menu and you can then change its name to something that will be easily recognizable later, such as the rhinestone size.

7. Now switch to the "Artistic Media" dock and click the "Save" icon, located at the bottom of the dock.

8. Select "Object Sprayer" for the kind of stroke to create and click "OK."

9. Name your new object, and click "Save." Your new object will be available at the end of the list in the "Artistic Media" dock.

Applying Rhinestones to Path

1. Open/Create your vectored design.

2. Select your design and then click your created object sprayer in the "Artistic Media" dock.

3. You will notice that the object spacing may be very high. The spacing setting can be changed in the "Property Toolbar" with the "Dabs/Spacing of Object(s) to be Sprayed" option. A good place to start is .2".

4. Click the "Select Tool" and click and hold to drag an outline around your design. Release the mouse button to select your design.

5. To break the design apart in order to edit the individual rhinestones you will need to go to "Arrange>Break Artistic Media Group Apart." Then go to "Arrange>Ungroup." CAUTION, once you do this you cannot go back...so, keep the original on one page and use a COPY to edit.

6. Finally, you can edit the positioning of each rhinestone and once done delete out the black outline and you will be ready to send it to your cutter.

Also....here is a youtube video on making a rhinestone football just in Corel.

Some good tips & tricks.

• Like 1

Here is what came out in the end. It is exactly as the customer requested. (The customer was my wife, she is very happy but I don't think she intends on paying)post-27312-0-85550400-1348441632.jpg

• Like 1

I wish I had Corel now. I'll have to try in Sure Cuts a Lot. It has a Rhinestone function.

Here is what came out in the end. It is exactly as the customer requested. (The customer was my wife, she is very happy but I don't think she intends on paying)

Don't worry...a little "Bling" goes a long way.

Sue2

Here is what came out in the end. It is exactly as the customer requested. (The customer was my wife, she is very happy but I don't think she intends on paying)post-27312-0-85550400-1348441632.jpg

At least she didn't request diamonds (yet). Looks great!

Ok, that was way to fast and easy. What can you tell me about Sure Cuts a Lot? Is it free? Is it a cutting program or a design/cutting program? What about with an imported clip art? Just as fast?

@HiDef, I can't imagine what I would have to charge for that shirt if they were diamonds.....LOL

Sure Cuts A lot isn't free, but it's very affordable at $59.99. The site lists this is a limited time sale from the regular price of $79.99. I think it has been on sale forever though. That shirt with diamonds would be pretty costly, not to mention the fact that I see quite a few of these shirts with quite a few missing rhinestones. Not cool if I lose my diamonds!

It's a design and cut software. The rhinestone feature works the same with imported clip art.

You can download a 30 day trial from here: http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scal.html but it is not a fully working trial. It will not export and cut lines through your designs but it will give you the feel for what it can do.

It seems to work well for rhinestones and the vectorizing seems to work well too.