piscespokerbrat

Well, I pulled the trigger today!

OK, I'm curious, is the far-right pinch roller assembly on the 24" machine incorrectly limited, as it is on the 34"?

OK, I'm curious, is the far-right pinch roller assembly on the 24" machine incorrectly limited, as it is on the 34"?

Incorrectly limited, as in, it wont go all the way to the end?

Just re-drill the hole for the set screw on the back rail and you'll be fine.

At first, I just marked the top of my machine with a piece of vinyl as a visual indicator (as shown in my photos), but then I realized that repositioning the set screw itself was an easy permanent fix.

Ya, that doesnt seem too difficult :-)

I couldn't help myself tonight. I powered the machine on. I also checked the rollers, everything is in place, played with the origin moving the carriage left and right.. lol I feel like a giant kid in a candy store about now!

Now, lets get the 18th here already when my vinyl will be delivered so I can play, er work, with my new toy.. umm machine.. "officially." :D

With the plotter pen, do I need a mat under the paper to plot with?

no just make sure you have a big enough piece of paper to draw what you mean to draw. Or just pop down to the dollar store and get some poster board.

Well, that was quite interesting setting up SBE to the USB com port and blah blah blah. Ok, so here is what I came up with. This is the coffee cup with angel wings that is going right here on my gate (only a little larger in scale - the paper drawing was 10.8" x 24", the finished logo will be 14" tall and 24-26" wide). The blue ink that came with the cutter isn't very bright, but when the logo is black on white vinyl, that will pop! Here is a couple of pics..

20120916161217.jpg

20120916161226.jpg