Sign in to follow this  
muibubbles

How do you change lines to a shape?

Ok this may be a bit more complex then i can explain so i'm going to try and simplify it..

1. I drew a triangle shape (rotor) with the bezier tool. When i send it to SBE and cut it, it actually cuts the line thickness vs just the shape.

-line weight is 1px

-there is stuff inside the triangle so i can not just "fill it"

-in order to keep the nice straight lines (not jagged) i have to go to PATH and then convert STROKE TO PATH (if i dont do this, in SBE the lines

become multiple line segments

2. The two pieces in the green outline can be filled in, but when i fill it in, SBE treats it like a 150+ line segments and becomes what is equivalent to 50 sided octagon instead of a circle. ALSO the "gear" gets cut into 10000 pieces versus one continuous line SO, i did PATH then convert STROKE TO PATH which makes it what you see now, so now im weeding 3 lines right next to each other vs 1 (for the rings) and the gear im pulling about 20 teeth out + the 2 lines

any suggestions/help?

post-22240-0-40152800-1344963268.jpg

I think i follow ya....sorta... First, you can make that triangle shape wit the "star" tool. Just change the sides to 3 then tweak it to get the bowed look. Now if you want the triangle to have fill but still have the designs cutout in it, i would start wit the filled triangle then start puttin your designs in place and use the "difference" feature (at the top PATH>DIFFERENCE). It might take a little trial n error to get it right since you got pretty much goin on there. As far as the others you have highlighted in green, i would just try PATH>UNION for those. Not sure if i'm way off what youre tryin to achieve but hope it helps somewhat.