I'm looking for a good barber pole that has red, white and blue stripes. Hope someone out there has one, I know they are easy to draw but due to time constraints (time time what is time I have none lol). Thanks everyone

A second part to this is i need to make a sign for a local barber shop they want a old looking sign from like the 1900 to fit the building it goes on. The problem is im stumped with ideas. Please feel free to add a comment or two.

Hate having sign makers block lol.

Maybe something simple like this for the sign? There are a bunch of

fonts that might work here http://www.dafont.co...ext=BARBER+SHOP

yeah i looked at that that is one of the designs i am sending her. I have all the business for this building there are 3 businesses in here and all the signs have to sort of go together within reason and fit the 1901 era. that is where i'm getting stumped i think. This barber sign was going to be 3d and had it all planned out using foam but they decided against it so have to start all over planning, but it is all good right on main street and 3 doors from the local sign shop so i have to do a good job. If they love it i get to do all the signs on the block for advertising. keeping fingers crossed.

If you google "old time barber shop" images, there are a bunch of outside building shots that may give you some more ideas.

Sue2

• Like 2

Just a thought, but "OldTime" barber poles did NOT have the blue stripes.

post-21408-0-52157000-1344783771.jpg

• Like 1

Y-W.

Oh, I should mention that graphic is available within the standard DRAW Library of Signblazer (Signs/Commerce)

Oh Wow.....plain Jane.

Don't you just love it when that happens!

Sue2

• Like 1

For what it's worth, I did not really care for the pole being used as the "L" --

The flourishes were nice, and the flowing text line was cool.

Let's always remember, the sign says what it says, and they can place an actual lighted, rotating, full-sized barber pole out in front of their establishment as their signature piece.

barber%2Bpole.jpg

• Like 1

Just a thought, but "OldTime" barber poles did NOT have the blue stripes.

American poles did the colors red and white came from the barber also doing tooth extraction and small surgery also blood letting the American red white and blue was of course for our national colors but also represented the vein .

Dan

For what it's worth, I did not really care for the pole being used as the "L" --

The flourishes were nice, and the flowing text line was cool.

Let's always remember, the sign says what it says, and they can place an actual lighted, rotating, full-sized barber pole out in front of their establishment as their signature piece.

I'm with you there but that is what she originally wanted. To me it made me look at the pole and not the overall sign.

And again Thank you everyone for your input. I was soooooooo stuck on this sign now i cant wait to get the go ahead to make it and see it up even though it is plain. It was also a learning curve for me as i learned more about Flexi always had to design in AI or corel then import, now i can bend text there.