Sign in to follow this  
strycnine

Just bought a 14" MH...........come on in!

How are the MH's? I got a 14" one to take out of town while I'm working.

I already have a 34" SC at home.

I started with the MH-365 and upgraded to the Graphtec CE-5000-60. I still use the 365 out of my van. Once you dial it in, you will be able to make good cuts.

A friendly request for the Opening Poster strycnine ---- could you please reduce the size of your signature file (or eliminate it altogether) since it's so massive and overwhelming and fills up so much visual real estate.

Now, with that being said, I have some input regarding the MH.

Because you are planning on having it move around a lot, you will find that the USB cable can be a weak link. (The physical port itself is somewhat feeble)

Here is my solution to avoiding damage to that port ------

I took apart the end cap (removes easily with four screws) and drilled two holes next to each other right into the plastic casing slightly above the port location. Then, using a zip-tie, capture the USB cable so it doesn't dangle loose from the port. This way, all the pressure is released from the cable tugging at the plug-in point.

post-21408-0-33004700-1342878356.jpg

• Like 1

You, sir, are a gentleman, and Thank You for pulling that pickup (create another classic sig line, go for it !!!!!!!!!)

If you want to see another modification I did on that MH, take a look at the media catch-basket I made.

You, sir, are a gentleman, and Thank You for pulling that pickup (create another classic sig line, go for it !!!!!!!!!)

If you want to see another modification I did on that MH, take a look at the media catch-basket I made.

http://forum.uscutte...post__p__271453

how do you keep your long decals from standing up in that media basket? No room to roll up in the basket. About 19" out from middle of leg, front and back would help you a lot. I know If I have my closed some, my long 10 ft or longer would start standing up. and not rolling up as it should. . Or maybe you don't do long decals.

I really didnt know the rules about sigs. I use that one on an auto forum....lots of people have them. Funny thing, I dont allow image sigs on my forum....lol!

Do you get good results with the MH? Where do you get your vinyl?

Nice catcher!

The longer stuff just folds into the basket, like old-fashioned ribbon candy

was-first-ribbon-candy-invented-800x800.jpg

I really didnt know the rules about sigs. I use that one on an auto forum....lots of people have them. Funny thing, I dont allow image sigs on my forum....lol!

Do you get good results with the MH? Where do you get your vinyl?

Nice catcher!

Well, it's not really a "rule", I was merely mentioning that it seemed excessive, where a little bit basic text would probably suffice.

As for the catch basket, I absolutely love having one, it should be a standard included item on these stands.

Maybe one day USCUTTER can work out a deal with their suppliers to incorporate the media basket as a feature?

Presently, I have my MH871 in reserve, and it is not being utilized as my primary daily cutting machine. That duty is being filled in my sign store by a 34" SC unit.

However, during the time I had it working as my main machine (before it was put aside) I never ran into any problems, so long as I kept the cuts under 10'-12' in length. Beyond that, the memory would max out and the machine would simply halt.

This issue (as I was told) is related to the USB communication.

Anyway, I'm using the SC with a serial cable, and don't have to worry about cutting any major lengths.

For the record, the reason I stopped cutting with the MH and switched over to the SC, was one day I clumsily BROKE the USB port (literally snapped it off from the board). After that happened, I decided to get a replacement machine, and the SC seemed attractive from a features/price standpoint. I did obtain a new port card from USCUTTER for $50 and my MH is again working fine, although it sits unused and unloved in a corner of the studio.

-_-

Yea, a catch basket would be a nice feature!

Maybe the 14" MH will serve me well at work. I can cut the larger stuff when I get home on my 34" SC.

Show that MH some love ;D

A friendly request for the Opening Poster strycnine ---- could you please reduce the size of your signature file (or eliminate it altogether) since it's so massive and overwhelming and fills up so much visual real estate.

Now, with that being said, I have some input regarding the MH.

Because you are planning on having it move around a lot, you will find that the USB cable can be a weak link. (The physical port itself is somewhat feeble)

Here is my solution to avoiding damage to that port ------

I took apart the end cap (removes easily with four screws) and drilled two holes next to each other right into the plastic casing slightly above the port location. Then, using a zip-tie, capture the USB cable so it doesn't dangle loose from the port. This way, all the pressure is released from the cable tugging at the plug-in point.

You would probably be better off with a 90° connector on the end of your USB cable (like this one - http://www.ebay.com/itm/5ft-USB-2-0-A-male-plug-to-right-angle-USB-B-male-printer-cable-leads-cord-1-5M-/290637007832?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item43ab50cbd8). By bending the cable up like that, you're putting stress on the wires inside and may cause premature failure of the cable. You could also pull a little more slack through your zip tie so it's not bent up quite so much. Other than that, it's a pretty good idea you've got there.

• Like 1