jstovson

I think the software is junk!

I don't know what the problem is here, I know I'm not that stupid. This software is terrible, I can't import or export between signcut and inkscape. They're made for each other, aren't they? The demonstration video's are for Coral Draw, that doesn't even make since! I don't know, but for the money I paid it would sure be nice to use. I would like some help. Starla

InkScape is a open source program... Which means... FREE... Its been around for along time.

I personnaly have the same opinion as you and i use other programs to run my plotter.

Maybe some others that have been lucky to get the program to work correctly here, will be able to assist you.

I use WinPCSign... Its a design and cut program all into one.

You can vectorize your images, or import you images and cut them out all in one program.

What causes your problem may be that you do not have the latest subrevison of SignCut-X2.

Inkscape had a new upgrade release recently and previous SignCut subrevisons do not support that AI-format.

I do understand that you guys who is running other softwares that you do not like SignCut-X2.

It is like different worlds and it depends on what you are used to and normally which you learned first.

There is thousands of SignCut-X2 users out there and I have never heard a single of those who owned it 1 month that they have complained.

Those who may do that is those who just did get it but have problems with getting over the first threshold.

As soon as they do, which use to be within a day or so, their opinion use to switch in the direct opposite direction quickly.

If you ask a Mac customer about PC or a PC-friend  about Mac or a CorelDRAW user about Adobe Illustrator or the contrary you will just find black or white picture. Rarely something in between.

You are in another camp, that is how it is and that is what we know now.

But you may be right, we may be able to learn something from your point if views, but please describe the problem so we can understand.

As we do, we may be able to do something about it.

During 16 years we have been listening carefully to the real users and we have followed their advises. We may follow yours as well if you just describe the problems.

At least we are satisfied by ourself with our product as long as the real users are.

wg... Cant you integrate features of IE InkScape into the software?  Like for example, Vectorization, able to edit the actual images? outlines, shadows, welding, etc?

Hi,

14 years ago we did take a strategic decision. We had a layout tool and an editing tool and a bunch of other tools as well at that time. But we saw that CorelDRAW was a winner and they had a lot of money from the stock market, so we realized that we should never be able to keep up with them. So we decided to concentrate on doing the worlds best vinyl cutting software instead.

We have been working hard and we have kept that focus since then and just as predicted not many of those about 100 competitors we had at that time did survived. Today, among those remaining, not many has even been able to keep their products up to date and that is understandable, because probably no company that is purely addicted to the sign business has the financial power to do that. There may be some exception, I don't know?

And you must admit that there could be great benefit with using a software which is more like a standard, not just for the sign business, for instance when you have to share files with others. You will also get an unmatched price/performance value and you can be sure that the softwares will remain on the market many years to come and that it wil be perfectly maintaine during those years.

Another perspective is that when your business expands it will be much easier to find people to employ that are skilled in the use of that layout software from the very beginning. You will be able to save huge money there!

SignCut-X2 is so extremely well adapted to for instance CorelDRAW, especially to X3 as we also supply SignIt-X2 for that CorelDRAW version, that you really can't find any real drawbacks with that at all compared with a fully integratedsolution. At least it would be much easier to point out havy drawbacks with most full integrated solutions that can be found on the market today. Full fletched vinyl cutting solutions with layout ability that is compairable with what CorelDRAW offer is also much more expensive.

So when you compare with other investments in the price range for the combination CorelDRAW and SignCut-X2, you will get considerably more power and less problems with that than any other solution. At lest that is my opinion.

It is also a solution that you can rely up on for many years to come!

Hi,

14 years ago we did take a strategic decision. We had a layout tool and an editing tool and a bunch of other tools as well at that time. But we saw that CorelDRAW was a winner and they had a lot of money from the stock market, so we realized that we should never be able to keep up with them. So we decided to concentrate on doing the worlds best vinyl cutting software instead.

We have been working hard and we have kept that focus since then and just as predicted not many of those about 100 competitors we had at that time did survived. Today, among those remaining, not many has even been able to keep their products up to date and that is understandable, because probably no company that is purely addicted to the sign business has the financial power to do that. There may be some exception, I don't know?

And you must admit that there could be great benefit with using a software which is more like a standard, not just for the sign business, for instance when you have to share files with others. You will also get an unmatched price/performance value and you can be sure that the softwares will remain on the market many years to come and that it wil be perfectly maintaine during those years.

Another perspective is that when your business expands it will be much easier to find people to employ that are skilled in the use of that layout software from the very beginning. You will be able to save huge money there!

SignCut-X2 is so extremely well adapted to for instance CorelDRAW, especially to X3 as we also supply SignIt-X2 for that CorelDRAW version, that you really can't find any real drawbacks with that at all compared with a fully integratedsolution. At least it would be much easier to point out havy drawbacks with most full integrated solutions that can be found on the market today. Full fletched vinyl cutting solutions with layout ability that is compairable with what CorelDRAW offer is also much more expensive.

So when you compare with other investments in the price range for the combination CorelDRAW and SignCut-X2, you will get considerably more power and less problems with that than any other solution. At lest that is my opinion.

It is also a solution that you can rely up on for many years to come!

hi i am using coreldraw12 the cutting is not very clean

will coreldraw13 have cleaner cuts?

Both CorelDRAW 12 and 13 are able to export high quality text, but if fonts are poor it will be what comes out as well.

However that is rarely the problem and if it is you should see the poor quality already in CorelDRAW in wire frame mode, jsut as you should in SignCut-X2.

A more likely explanation is that the blade offset parameter in SignCut-X2, it is not set according to the knife in use. A value for a standard knife use to be 0.01 inch.

Other explanations could be a worn plastic list, that which makes the surface under the knife.

Other reason could be that there is a play in the knife-holder or other mechanics, preventing it from cutting accurately.