Coaster36

Used graphtec with problem, worth it?

ok shes going to take 500. When I get there ill see. Is it worth it skeeter?

She looked right at the book and the discs, she might just not be looking at the right place. She said she did pay $1100 for the software alone.

I can look at my my computer menu and it will show every one of my versions.. 8.6v2 10.04 for Flexi 10

Ill bring my computer down there and put the disk in and see what it says.

what other versions of 8 are there? like 8 pro 8 expert? 8 starter? how would they be desirably wise?

damn this lady is clueless. She said the box was purple but it was the PC version. Im going to be pissed if I drive 1 and a half in traffic and get there and shes full of it.

and flexi is transferable right? not like windows with a license?

flexi will transfer with the dongle right?

But she may need to release the license on it. If she registered it on SAI... Or you cannot register it. For support or anything. It would be registered to her or whoever signed it up originally..

Ok, well she was supposed to call the guy that has it to make sure it would be there when I get there and she hasnt called me back yet. Damn i dont want to drop $500 right now. But even expert I think is worth it. But do I need it? I hate spending money...

You know what ,if you keep checking, places like EBAY for Flexi, you can find some great deals.. Back in March.. I was on Ebay 3AM just messing, and searching and picked up FLEXIDESIGNER 10 /with dongle This is the most current version. Sells for $995 It is Flexisignpro,10 but no cutter drivers. on it. just export your designs to another cutting software. Which I already have Flexistarter ,as my cutting software. But that Purchase was a BUY IT NOW for $120. WOW. I swooped on that. and couldn't be happier. . THey also had Flexisignpro7.6 /with dongle already sold for $65.00... You don't have to jump on the first deal that comes along.. Flexidesigner is considered just a 2nd graphic design station. All the options of Flexisignpro10. just no cutter drivers.

Well what the hell. She just called back. Ill drive down there and take a look. Guess I still dont have to buy it when I get there.

Wish me luck. Thanks for your help skeeter.

Well what the hell. She just called back. Ill drive down there and take a look. Guess I still dont have to buy it when I get there.

Wish me luck. Thanks for your help skeeter.

goodluck. I think your going to need it...

Cutter is trash. It's version 8.1 I'm getting my computer to see if it's expert

It's pro with Dingle. Giving her 350

For the cutter too?

Yup with the cutter. The screen is broken. I told her I'd take it to part out.

It's Flexi pro 8.1. It's not installing on my main laptop with Vista but it'll install on my cutting laptop in the office

If you haven't used it before you will love it! I've been using that version for about 5 years now and can't imagine using anything else.

If I were you I would advertise the stand alone on ebay for $200 and see if anyone bites.

You need a stand? $150! Lol

If I had a graphtec without one, I'd jump on it.

Ok just got back home and unloaded the cutter. Itll be a project for sure. Maybe I can get it up and running. Maybe Ill part it out and buy a new graphtec.

Anyways, I wanted to thank everyone for their help, when I first joined I thought this site was dead, you can ask BannerJohn, I asked him for links to any other active forum. Little did I know there was still tons of life left on the USCutter forum.

You all rock!

You can buy a new screen etc. for it.... Just call up graphtec. I ordered an LCD for my FC7000 - was like 102$- BUT- it's a 4 line display versus the 2 that the CE5000 has.