Sign in to follow this  
laserman70

Freezing up constantly

I have checked everything, the software freezes all the time. Have to use the power button on the computer to shut it down.  This happens almost everytime I cut anything, this is getting old.  I have read through the forum and checked everything stated. 

Would an uninstall, reinstall help?  I am at the point of buying other software due to the down time i spend off on, off on.

If I do an uninstall will it delete all my files?  If so I will back them all up again.

Are you using the USB? I had that problem with USB. I switched to serial and it has not done it since. I don't think it is a Signblazer issue.

I wish i could connect serial.  I tired and all i get is "cannot open output device. Error initializing cutter. "

Are you using the Serial cable that came with the cutter? Make sure you have the setting correct for the connection as well. Shoot me a PM with your number if you still cannot get the Serial to work.

I've got the same issue ' FREEZING UP' . Have you had any progress with a solution yet?? Thanks for any help!!

Make sure you upgraded to the latest version. I was having huge problems with crashing with cut a print. I am using a serial connection with the newest upgrade and it NOW works FLAWLESSLY! Very happy with it! I suggest if you can to try the serial connection some how some way  :rolleyes:

i'm having the same exact issue!!!!! it's doing it EVERY single time and its horrible i just spent 2 hours working on perfecting an image to cut it and it froze and i lost all the work!! i have no other choice but to use usb i have a brand new laptop it didnt come with anything else, so what should i do?

this one is all i got. it's actually a brand new business edition laptop from dell. my boyfriend got a brand new inspiron from dell by brand new, i mean less than a month old, and it is the same story, it only has ethernet and usb ports. so i mean with brand new computers not coming with these other ports the software should be fully compatable with usb. there has to be a solution other than getting a new computer

id also like to mention that this problem only happens when i select cut. it either begins cutting right away, or it freezes, and the only way i can get the computer to unfreeze is to go to the start menu and restart it. it does this about 50% of the time.

Allison, I know this doesn't solve your problem but if you unplug the USB cable from the cutter it will un-freeze your machine. No need to re-start.

I am having the same problem constatntly wasted an entire roll of vinal trying to cut for a banner it would get about halfway through and just freeze up unpluging the usb will get it unfrozen but will have to start cutting all over again

No new news on this?  Now that I got my comm issues taken care of, it stops cutting during the job.  I also only have a USB connection available.  Help!!

For those who are having issues:  Have you upgraded to the newest FTDI serial->USB driver?

How do you upgrade that??  I have had it freeze up on me as well, but NOT during a cut.

Jenny

PS...I do use the USB, because I can't seem to get the serial to work.

Any updates on where to find the lastest version of FTDI serial USB driver... I am hoping that will make a difference... but will it make a difference since I got the driver I have only back in December from US Cutter...