medicab

Best Plotter for $$ for Ambulance reflective vinyl THX : )

Have to make some simple lettering and logo for a ambulance.

What is the plotter that can get the job done? I can get low quality reflective or high quality refective.

I see most vinyl web companies push the Roland and Graphtec...which USCUTTER site states cuts low reflective.

Does anyone have a recomendation and or experience with UsCutter brands SC, TC, PCut, or LaserPoint cutting reflective? Could it be that these "value" models can cut thicker material or be more versatile that a roland/Graphtec...or is the descriptions of these value models exaggerated?

I know u get what u pay for...but I am asking for your experience. NOt worried about noise or speed. I care about reliablilty...quality.

And No...I do not have any experience. But please answer as if I did

What have your heard about these value models? Pros...Cons...

I thank you in advance for your time given in helping me with this matter. JC

The value cutters do have enough cutting pressure for cutting reflective vinyl, however it sounds to me like

you would do better with a Copam, they are a "semi-professional" machine and are more affordable than a new

Roland or Graphtec, the Copam has fewer "bells and whistles" than the Rolands and Graphtecs but I think the

Copam would suit your needs just fine.

I have cut 3M reflective many times with the MH low-priced machine (34") and it did a fine job.

Just increase the downforce with the keypad button and that's all there is to it.

Never had a problem.

(Over time, the blade will suffer from slicing through the metallic material, but replacement blades are dirt cheap)

I can only comment on the SC which is currently in service making signs at my retail shop.

It runs consistently, churning out work daily, from big 12" letters to small 1/2" letters.

If you want to pop for the $700 LaserPoint (with the nice catch-basket on the stand) I am sure you will be happy.

fr-041.gif

I started with a laserpoint- was a decent machine until I needed a cut strip which I ended up paying through the nose for when I finally broke down to buy one since USCutter has been out of stock on them for over a year now.

I started saving for a graphtec and upgraded so I didn't have to go through the headache again.

I think its going to depend on how much vinyl your going to cut. Are you looking to only do one ambulance's or are you going to try and do the whole fleet of 20? Doing one or two youll be fine with a lower end machine, but if your going to try and run a lot of material you might want to go ahead and spend the money up front and buy the graphtec.

Dont get me wrong, youll proabably be fine doing a whole fleet of 20 with a laserpoint or mh cutter but will you have any hair left? Probably not. How fast do you need them cut? Hopfully not tomorrow with an entry level cutter.

You get what you pay for.

Im saving up for a graphtec but my copam keeps making me money.

I think the MH machines are fine for learning on. But i have to agree with every one else . My Graphtec has been my saving grace, its whats kept me from quiting and giving up. Im still not an expert but im getting jobs and the actual cut is one less thing that i ever have to worry about. Thank god! In fact, ill be working on a job iwth it today. As long as i make these little give away stickers for the client big enough i know ill have no problem :)