Sign in to follow this  
justlikeyou

Trouble with multi layer cuts in Sign cut

I am working on a decal that has race car in one file, then name in two seperate files and number in another file. All are also outlined. I group them all together adn save as a EPS file to send to sign cut, using inkscape. Everything looks good but when I cut it is cutting through all layers if that makes sense. I am trying to upload file but having trouble, i can send to email if someone is willing to look at it and help me. Ex is I have the car as bottom layer and put last name on top but it overlaps bottom of car, so when it cuts, it cuts a line through the top of the name that is the bottom of the car.. I will keep trying to upload, I am a newbie and the help would be appreciated.

thanks

KENNY 2TONEuse.eps

KENNY 2TONE3.svg

Thanks Cowboy, i will try it tonight when we get in, if it works will you share with me what you did...I have another one I will be doing soon too.

Are you trying to cut all out of 1 color? If not you have to send the layers to the cutter 1 layer at a time. You said you grouped them together and sent to signcut. Do you have the box checked to cut by color?

Mark

Yes and I was cutting by color but what is doing is the white at the bottom of the sprint car was cutting through the white on the Elwood, I am pretty sure Ihad cut by color as I had the seperate color boxes on the right side and I would cut the white and then the black. Maybe I forgot to choose the cut by color box, will try another one tonight and see if that was my problem.

The problem was all the outlines need to be welded together first, else it will cut each one separately thus cutting thru the others. Thats all I did was move the top layer away and select all and weld together. plus the fact there were two layers of the car.